Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maybe Someday

I Have A Decent Amount Of Friends...

Why is it that I have lots of friends at school but the moment weekend comes, I'm too shy to get involved with them? >_< It usually takes me quite some time to get to know someone properly. I don't rush into things, because friendship to me is special. So I end up having a few friends I hang out with on weekends, and a bunch I only talk to at school. But this year, I moved again and I'm at a new school, so I'm not especially close with that many people. I'm too shy to take initiative and ask to hang out with someone on the weekends and breaks. >_< I wish I could go out with friends... What's wrong with me? My friends seem to like me, but they never ask to do stuff with me. What's wrong with me? ;__; I don't know what to do... I feel like it's either my fault or their fault, but I don't know why I have friends and why I'm alone...

Why is it that I have lots of friends at school but the moment weekend comes, I'm too shy to get involved with them? >_< It usually takes me quite some time to get to know someone properly. I don't rush into things, because friendship to me is special. So I end up having a few friends I hang out with on weekends, and a bunch I only talk to at school. But this year, I moved again and I'm at a new school, so I'm not especially close with that many people. I'm too shy to take initiative and ask to hang out with someone on the weekends and breaks. >_< I wish I could go out with friends... What's wrong with me? My friends seem to like me, but they never ask to do stuff with me. What's wrong with me? ;__; I don't know what to do... I feel like it's either my fault or their fault, but I don't know why I have friends and why I'm alone...

Same here. I always try to get involved with my friends, but for some reason they never call. I'm started to rethink who are my real friends. Just ask them why they never invite you to hang out with them. I need to be asking the same thing, I guess.

I'm at college btw. The campus Christian group always has a game day on Fridays and anyone is invited. It took me long enough, but I finally just said, "I'm going over there." Actually, there were only like 3 people there I knew out of about 9, but everyone there is friendly

Ahh... My school doesn't really have organized activities like that. ^_^;; Also, most of my friends are guys... And whenever I'm around one of them for too long at school, someone thinks were going out... I'm so embarrassed to hang out with my guy friends! I have some gal friends, but I just don't know why I'm so shy, but relaxed with them at school...

I tend to not care what people I don't know think about me. If they start harrassing you, just do what I do and sucker punch them. They'll usually leave you alone after that. ;)

I'm also starting to think my friends are just really dense. They probably don't think of every little thing like we do (what will they think, what should I say, ect.).

Dang, we are exactly alike. Are you sure you're not a clone of me or something.

I tend to not care what people I don't know think about me. If they start harrassing you, just do what I do and sucker punch them. They'll usually leave you alone after that. ;)

I'm also starting to think my friends are just really dense. They probably don't think of every little thing like we do (what will they think, what should I say, ect.).

Man that does sound like me. I usually eat with a large group of which I only know about 4 of. Are you good with jokes? Just listen to their conversation and see if you can slip a funny comment in there somewhere. (don't do it too much, cuz you might say something not funny and then it will be embarassing.) Other then that, just try and get involed like I did. Try asking them if you can hang out with them on the weekend.

Oooh, that's a really big step. O_O Babie steps, babie steps... I'm a person that jokes around all the time, but I feel that I also have a strange sense of humor. I often make stupid jokes that get a laugh out of several people, but they can also make me look dumb. I act dumb, but some people take it too seriously. There's one friend I can ALWAYS make laugh, and I never have to do much. :D One time I just said: "Man, I suck!" and he started laughing. When I asked why, he said that he liked how blunt I was. Or...:

Me: "I can never tell when you're being sarcastic..."

Him: "That's curious..."

Me: "Really?"

Him (Starts Laughing)

I make people laugh more with my everyday self than thought-out jokes, or with everyday gestures and phrases I use. And when I do tell jokes, they're usually perverted, which doesn't sit as well with people I know less. =P I think you and I should be friends, since we have so much in comon!

Oooh, that's a really big step. O_O Babie steps, babie steps... I'm a person that jokes around all the time, but I feel that I also have a strange sense of humor. I often make stupid jokes that get a laugh out of several people, but they can also make me look dumb. I act dumb, but some people take it too seriously. There's one friend I can ALWAYS make laugh, and I never have to do much. :D One time I just said: "Man, I suck!" and he started laughing. When I asked why, he said that he liked how blunt I was. Or...:

Me: "I can never tell when you're being sarcastic..."

Him: "That's curious..."

Me: "Really?"

Him (Starts Laughing)

I make people laugh more with my everyday self than thought-out jokes, or with everyday gestures and phrases I use. And when I do tell jokes, they're usually perverted, which doesn't sit as well with people I know less. =P I think you and I should be friends, since we have so much in comon!

I know where you're coming from TC. When I was in high school I had my own friends that I would do stuff with at night or weekends but I'd also have friends that I would hang about with during school. Don't take it to heart that they have never asked you to do anything outside of school, they probably just have a tight-knit group of friends outside school and probably think you have the same.

As you're relatively new to your school/area just ask what they get up to at weekends and explain that you don't know that many people and would maybe like to do something. I am sure if they are nice people they will invite you to hang around with them.

Most of the time school friends are strictly friends you have while you are in school. People have lives and they do different things when not in school.

Don't be shy with people you feel you know and or understand. A lot of people miss out on happiness because they don't take advantage of it.

i have a lot of friends and im always playing ball with them or driving aorund with two of my closest friends

one MAJOR plus of moving to a different school is you can clear your slate and be whoever you want to be. in other schools, some may already be known as some types ie, like the quiet ones, or the bad ones, or the goody goody kind... when you move, you can be whoever you want to be because those kids know NOTHING of you, wish i had known that back when i move din 6th grade but its been good

I didn't find any better topic so this will be great :)

Well, this is the situation:

I have friend and we ain't talked each other for a while f2f, just with txt or msn messenger. Not even at school even if we are in same friendgroup.

I had crush on her a few month ago, not anymore. We just want to be friends but it seems like we ain't getting even that. I suppose it's probably me who doesn't want that.. But I do! I feel a little odd while we talk with msn and there is somethng inside of me that wants to just yell to her about something that I don't even know myself :-o Just that kind of feeling that our conversations makes me feel sad or something, dejected or frustrated. yes that's it.

Well, we had to see on monday but I changed that date 'cause I was just frustrated. So I moved it to next week but.. I just want to be friend with her! So I decided that thursday will be ok although I have exams during the week.

This whole "meeting" is her idea but now she said I should think something what we could do. I have no idea. And she accented that we should do something what I want to do.. Well that should sounds great but I'm a little contemplative.. What could we do after whole this "mess" what I have gone through with her (she said it's her fault I'm just a little dejected - done something what we shouldn't have done).

Well, if you have read this far, any advices?'Cause I'm out of ideas. I thought we could just go walking for a while and talk (yes, that's what we need indeed!) and maybe for a dinner or something if she had some time for that.

Thanks for reading anyway.