Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kairasa

I have no idea!

Okay, so here is the deal. I have had inflammed acne in the past, but since November or so of last year I have been on a regime of Doxycycline twice a day and Duac at night. I also wash my face twice a day with Cetaphil, and use a mixture of moisturizer and aloe vera at night, when needed.

Through patience and prescriptions I have almost zero inflamed acne, still quite a few pink marks that are fading...but lately I have noticed more and more bumps. They started on my temples, but have spread to my forehead. Most of the time they do not become anything but right now I have an alarming amount of them. I have no idea what they are about. Now, I am home on Spring Break (going back to university tomorrow), so could it be the change in water? Or maybe what I'm eating? Or something else?

I don't really have a problem with blackheads honestly...and the wierd part is my inflamed acne was primarily on my cheeks, chin, and jawline. I have no idea what this new problem is about. I have just been noticing it lately and I do not know how long it's been going on. I have tried to stop being anal about my skin, so I guess I haven't payed as much attention as usual.

Sorry I don't have pictures, I should be getting a camera for my 19th birthday...which is Wednesday!! :D

Nope, not until I have the really bright light on did I notice them. I don't even get what they are. =/

Hmmmmm ....

I don't advise starting to pick at them, as you'll just make them look worse in a hurry. But does it seem like they have anything inside? a hard core, perhaps? If so, they are probably closed comedones .... you might take a look at my pinned thread at the top of this forum.

You mentioned that most of the time they don't become anything. When they do become something, what does it look like?

Well one was an infected hair once, in my eyebrow...but other than that, I remember one actually becoming a pimple and a couple became whiteheads...but I Just don't understand why there are so many bumps. I have pretty smooth skin everywhere else...

Do you think I need to exfoliate or apply something? It makes me worried when I get new skin problems because I have a conrete system of dealing with my skin.

Closed comedones, almost certainly.

The antibiotics and BP are probably preventing most of them from becoming inflamed acne. But your pores are getting clogged, deep inside the skin.

Retinoids are probably the best way to treat these. Since you already have a dermatologist, I'd make an appointment.

Closed comedones can certainly have the appearance of chicken skin.

Retinoids are all Vitamin A-based products.

Accutane (isotretinoin) is taken internally.

Retin A and Tazorac are the strongest topical retinoids ... you have to get a prescription for these as well as for Accutane.

You can also buy milder topical retinoids over the counter ..... Green Cream, Diacneal, etc.