Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tasha90

Would you rather have a killer body or good skin?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Killer body or skin problems?

• Great Body (w/ skin problems)
    • Good skin (w/ average to unattractive body)

You know, I was just wondering this because I may have issues with my skin, but what's preventing me/anyone from getting an amazing body (ie. Adriana Lima or male counterpart)?

Would you consider a great body to be a consolation prize for skin problems?

Does society admire great bodies as much or more than great skin?

good skin. I managed to stop my breakouts using nutrition. When I started working out, I went on a building-bulking diet, and damn my breakouts came back. I rather have clear skin so I'm stopping with the builking diet.

Guest Bubbly

mmm I don't want to vote because in reality, you can have a great body whether you have skin problems or not. I wouldn't compare the two like that........ just think of it this way:

Whether you have good skin or not, having a great body will always do wonders for your appearance.

Well the thing for guys is no matter what your body looks like now, you can always transform your physique with exercise.

Guest Bubbly
good skin. I managed to stop my breakouts using nutrition. When I started working out, I went on a building-bulking diet, and damn my breakouts came back. I rather have clear skin so I'm stopping with the builking diet.

i've been told i have a nice body and yall know i have bad skin so with that experience in the matter i would take the good skin

I have a killer body and crappy scarred skin. IMO my crap skin cancels out the goodness (lol) of my body. ummm...I do believe I've just depressed myself. Time for a couple Cheeseburgers and a supersize Fry..why bother :doubt:

My body is ok..I take care what I eat but not too much that I don't enjoy my food. I don't exercise...So I guess I should be thankful to have my body? Skin is horrible. Mos people only look at my face..so yeah...I can't decide. Funny enough I'm more conscious of my body rather than my skin although my skin is terrible.

At least until we have a definitive solution that works for the vast majority of people to keep them clear semi-permanently (Accutane is close, but not close enough), I'm going to say it's far, far easier to transform your body than it is to rid yourself of a persistent skin condition like acne. Then again, I'm also kind of bitter because my acne came back from tane really quickly when it wasn't even that bad to begin with.

I'd rather have both hehe...but all kidding aside, I have horrendous facial skin (lots of active acne, tons of dark marks all over my face [probably close to 60) and quite a few small indented scars on my cheeks) AND I have a killer body w/o having to exercise.

The killer body does not help at all - okay, in a way, I guess it gives me one less problem to worry about - but, it can actually be a bad thing. You see, a killer body with an acne-disfigured face sets a girl up for buttaface jokes...not fun. I'd rather have clear, healthy, pretty skin and an average body.

I would rather have nice normal skin and be overweight, then have bad skin and have a sexy muscular body.

Having good skin is the basics. Anyone can achieve a "sexy" body with hard work.

I'd rather have the killer body. Before I found a regimen that worked for me, I began working out and getting my body into shape. Overall I lost 40 lbs, and I would hate to go backwards (be fat and have a less attractive body) in order to have good skin. In reality I would like to have both a nice body and good skin, and thankfully that is what I'm approaching now.

Going with the general consensus, considering that acne is generally much harder to get rid of than changing body shape I'd rather be granted nice skin and work on my body.

The killer body does not help at all - okay, in a way, I guess it gives me one less problem to worry about - but, it can actually be a bad thing. You see, a killer body with an acne-disfigured face sets a girl up for buttaface jokes...not fun. I'd rather have clear, healthy, pretty skin and an average body.

Good skin for sure. You can get fit alot easier then you can clear your skin.

I voted good skin, but then I thought, nah I'd prefer to have bad skin as I'd have to throw out all my clothes as they wouldn't fit. And I'd be less inclined to go out anywhere at night or dress up if I didn't like my body. You can kinda cover your skin but alas not your lumps and bumps (and your body, not the acne.. stupid me).

I am fortunate to be a size 4, and I try to eat well and exercise/do yoga ... so for me, it's good skin. It makes me feel like all the good-body stuff is worth nothing if my face, the first thing everyone sees when they look at you, is unattractive.