Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samanthaha

mid-day exercising

i like to take long jogs in the sun after work (i live in san diego, CA, so the sun's still out like 6pm) but the problem is issues with overwashing/overtreating my face. would it be okay to clenase, tone, BP, and moisturize three times a day? i obviously don't want to be leaving all that sweat on my face, but i know irritation is a big deal.

i suppose i could run at a different time, but nights are chilly and mornings i cannot do.

I wouldn't apply bp more than twice a day, it should stay absorbed whatever you do since the morning. Just wash and moisturise, moisturising is important. And don't scrub your face or anything, just gently cleanse for a very short time, and moisturise straight away afterwards.

Just splash your face with some water in the sink or shower to get rid of sweat, no cleanser even so that you might still leave some BP active on your face. Pat dry with a white towel (or else a towel you don't mind getting bleached). Reapply BP to spots (if you like), a bit of moisturizer all over, and sunblock if need be. Keep it simple after a mid-day work out.

I thought that you could just pat your face dry with a paper towel and just shower without washing your face?

I can understand the need to minimize irritation from excessive wash...

but what about swimming? I guess the BP woouild have been washed away....

In chlorinated pool , it is DRY.... so moisturizing and maybe a light application of BP ? what do you guys think.

I think this all depends on how much your skin can take. If you have dry sensitive skin, then you wouldn't want to do more then rinse, and reapply your moisturizer.

If you have tough oily skin, maybe you can reapply BP and then moisturize (or perhaps moisturize then BP to give it a milder affect).

I tend to do the same thing and would just apply the BP and do the regimine then and just brush my teeth before bed. It doesn't have a noticeable effect on my face and I think it might even be better because it lengthens the amount of time the nighttime BP is on my face. Give that a try.