Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrew0209

It Isn't Working!

Ok so I've been on Solodyn and Finacea for 2 weeks and one day. The Solodyn is my antibiotic which I take every night and I apply Finacea every night as well... I thought by now I would see some improvement, but sadly there ahs been absolutely none. I actually think it has gotten quite worse in my opinion. New white heads are forming on my chin everynight and it's still extremely red.

1. 2 Weeks is nothing, especially it being your first 2 weeks of using that particular medication.

2. You may experience an initial breakout with treatments.

3. Don't compare results until around the 6th-8th week mark when starting new medication.

Yep, Raggamuffin is absolutely correct. It takes at least 6 wks for most medications to start having an impact on your acne, and it can take another month or two to start seeing more notable improvements. That is because the process that happens to cause a pimple to form takes 4-6 wks from when the plug in the pore first forms to the time that it turns into a full blown pimple. So the acne you are seeing now, actually started forming a month ago. It takes at least 6 wks for the new skin cycle to start, and by that time you should start seeing some improvements.

stop with that attitude there, unless it bears a more negative effect. be consistent and don't be so quick to discard your new regimen. be more positive

also, before switching to new topicals, my mother always suggested to wait a few days, or even a week before applying new topicals, to let the skin, i guess, go back to equilibrium. some sort of logic