Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flawless

Someone help accutane - Feel like crying . :(

I have severe acne with bad scarring. I feel like a monster and I'm only 16. I've been prescribed Accutane ... but Ive had to hold off going on it because I have to get a blood test to prove im not pregnant 2 days before my period ...and I keep messing up because theres not way I can know when its going to come because its irregular. And the whole thing is so STUPID because im NOT pregnant im a f*** virgin and they still make me go through all this crap.

Anyways, my mom keeps telling me how bad my skin looks which is making me feel worse, she looks at it up close which makes me really self concious, i dont like anyone looking at my face up close and tells me im getting scars and saying im not following my skin regimen (no cream helps!!) ...she makes me feel like its something im doing wrong. ive asked her to stop, im going on accutane in a couple weeks but she still looks at me that way. Ive mostly resorted to just hiding in my room. I dont see any of my friends anymore cuz i cant stand ppl looking at my face up close.

and the sad thing is, people said i was beautiful before i got acne. now, its like no one cares about me anymore. its affected me mentally/emotionally. even when it does clear on the accutane, ill probably still have scars.

How did u deal with the emotions of severe acne?:( Sorry for venting this is just 1 of my bad days.

I'm really sorry that you feel so horrible :(

I truly feel for you

I went through the same thing you are going through right now. I moved across the country, and for some reason, BAM-- i suddenly had severe cystic acne. For 3 months i suffered and started to retreat into a cocoon, until finally i went to a Derm. and was prescribed Accutane. I wish i hadn't let it get so bad, because i will have to deal with scarring, but i am so thankful that I started it. You can check out my gallery to see how much i've improved!!! Accutane is SO WORTH IT!

Now, I have to say, my experience has been different with the whole blood-test thing.

I think there's something weird going on at your Derm. because that's not the right procedure.

After your first meeting with your derm., the government makes you wait 1 month, then you have to go back and get another blood test and pregnancy test, and if that one is OK, you get your prescription.

You're supposed to get a blood test (doesn't matter when!) and get a pregnancy test, and shortly after, have your meeting with your derm., so she can go over the results and give you the perscription. then, within 1 week (can't go over 7 days, or you have to start everything all over!) from getting the prescription, you have to get it filled. This requires that you go online and fill out some questions for the iPledge program (did they tell you this stuff already?), and then get it filled after.

Then, in 30 days, start this process all over again.

I would think about going to a different derm. because no one i've talked to said you have to get your blood test 2 days before your period. That's odd.

If you ever need anything, feel free to send a message.

i know how u feel, i hate people looking at my face...always try avoid eye contact, acne just fucks everything up..but the thing u have to remember is it will all get better soon especially now your on accutane. just think about how much better things will be in 6 months or so, you will be able to enjoy yourself without thinkin about your skin every 5 seconds. Hang in there

In 3 years you'll look back and thank god you had accutane at 16 and didnt leave it til you were 18/19.

i know what your going through...

i went to my dematologist on wensday hoping to get accutane (ive already been on the pill for a month, cause i was hoping that would clear it up, and im a virgin) anways he told me i could have accutane, but that i would have to wait a month...

that killed me! i was sick and tired of hiding and scared to be social now, cause of this worsening acne... i actually started crying in that room cause i was sooooo frusturated!!!! but i know its gonna be worth it. time will fly by, and before you know it, you (and me!) will have clear skin

:)

i totally understand how you feel, but hang in there. just give it time, things will get better. i just think what your mom is doing is horrible, because she should try to comfort you. but i really hope that you feel better.

Hey, i just wanna let you know that I am 16 also and I can garantee you my acne is so much worse than yours. I think I lost all of my friends because of it. But let me tell you something else. I went on accutane about a month and a half ago and this stuff is a miracle so far. I can actually look in the mirror without looking away feeling like crying. I bet that one more month of this stuff and ill be about 95% clear. Accutane is gonna save your life, just keep your lips moisturized.

Hey, i just wanna let you know that I am 16 also and I can garantee you my acne is so much worse than yours. I think I lost all of my friends because of it. But let me tell you something else. I went on accutane about a month and a half ago and this stuff is a miracle so far. I can actually look in the mirror without looking away feeling like crying. I bet that one more month of this stuff and ill be about 95% clear. Accutane is gonna save your life, just keep your lips moisturized.

Sorry you have to go through this..Your mum is just not helping. I don't understand some people's parents. Give support for goodness sakes. Not make them feel worse.

For your sake, don't stop seeing your friends. Although you feel bad about your skin, good friends won't mind or even make you feel bad. They can even give you moral support. However, this doesn't go for all friends. Some people are just not worth calling friends. I hope you have some good friends who will support you like I do.

If you try to go through it alone you will feel much worse. Btw go to the emotional and psychological effects of acne board. You will know you are not alone. Also you can see how some people deal with the effects of acne. Might help you. Good luck!

i know how you feel.. i used to have such clear skin once my acne cleared up, but now its like a bomb hit my face. sometimes i cry because all the medication i put on my face stings so much and i'm sick of having to deal with it because among my friends i'm the only one with acne and it really is embarrassing. i can't stand people looking at my face and i don't even talk to people anymore. i'm sick of looking like i have the appalachian mountains on my face, and the worst part isn't that it just looks bad, it also hurts really badly as well. i say just see how well you do on accutane and when your pimples disappear start using mederma on your scars twice daily. it worked miracles on my skin, but sometimes it burns and peels off if you rub your skin

To all the people who have posted in this thread saying you know how it feels your in the same situation i can relate to you since i have also been there and it amazes me how parents and people in general act to people with acne there have been times when i would walk up the street or in a shopping centre and people look at me like a leper, and how nobody really understands the psychological effects of acne. I lost most of my friends and my girlfriend due to my acne. Sometimes i wondered at night why is this happening to me and i realised that i've became more understanding and considerate person because of it and anyone who puts you down because of your acne isn't someone you would want as a friend or signifigant other anyways hope that helps anyone who reads this if you ever need to talk about it just hit me up :)

I have never felt that bad as you, mainly cos acne is the least of my worries and I find that when I am positive about it and try not to let it bother me, people barely notice my skin. And if they do I ignore it or laugh it off. I really am sorry you feel like that, but you have to pick yourself up however hard it is, it will make you into a stronger person. Relying on how you look to feel good about yourself will make happiness nearly impossible. Sorry if that sounds ignorant of your feelings, because it is clear it hurts you badly. I really hope accutane works for you, and you might be surprised how well your skin can clear up on its own, especially if you take care of it. My dad used to have 1cm deep pits in his face after his severe acne, but by using retin-a and moisterising it has improved loads. You might benefit from taking the pill while using accutane as you said your periods are irregular and also there well be no risk of pregnancy in the future, which is really dangerous with accutane.

Now, I have to say, my experience has been different with the whole blood-test thing.

I think there's something weird going on at your Derm. because that's not the right procedure.

After your first meeting with your derm., the government makes you wait 1 month, then you have to go back and get another blood test and pregnancy test, and if that one is OK, you get your prescription.

You're supposed to get a blood test (doesn't matter when!) and get a pregnancy test, and shortly after, have your meeting with your derm., so she can go over the results and give you the perscription. then, within 1 week (can't go over 7 days, or you have to start everything all over!) from getting the prescription, you have to get it filled. This requires that you go online and fill out some questions for the iPledge program (did they tell you this stuff already?), and then get it filled after.

I would think about going to a different derm. because no one i've talked to said you have to get your blood test 2 days before your period. That's odd.

My daughter is also 16 and your story sounds exactly the same as hers. She doesn't want to go to school or go out with friends because shes so embaressed about her acne.

I am going to take her to a dermatoligist if the gp's prescribed gel doesn't help.

I wish you luck. I'm sure you and my daughter will get the acne under control.

Yeah my moms use to do that to me too stare at my face it's so fucking annoying. But yeah you will be surprised how much of your scaring will probably go away. I'm 19 and I use to have days like that all the time, but don't worry your getting on accutane soon and your skin is most likely going to get a lot better hang in there. Hang in there Girlfriend!

Hang in there I am fourteen and have been made fun of at school for years! I have severe acne, and my derm made me take bc for thirty days before I could start taking accutane. I have been on it since 4/16/08 and today I saw some much needed improvment. It is so worth the wait. I start high school next year and I will have a beautiful face again. I too avoid eye contact with people and have found myself much less outgoing. Acne is such a drag, but thank god there is a medicine that will clear it up. each day can seem so long, but just remember all the time wasted trying so many kinds of products to see no change, and now you are getting ready to start a life changing drug! good luck your face will clear soon!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all, I'm fourteen and my derm. just perscribed me Accutane. Like most of you already know I'll have to wait the 30 day period. I was wanting to ask all of you that have been on it how well it has worked for you. I have been on too many medicines to count and I was even allergic to a couple of them. I know that accutane is the last resort, but I've heard both really good and really bad comments about the drug. Any comments.?

I'm having one of those exact same days... I'm sixteen too and have been suffering from sever acne. My mom is the same way, I really hate when people look at me, cause my face has gotten so bad i don't even like to look at myself.

I started accutane two weeks ago. And I know, I thought the waiting period was total crap too. All i wanted to do was start the medication. Since i started I'm breaking out even worse and i feel like shit, it gets kind of overwhelming sometimes. I miss the way i used to look. I remember feeling pretty and having other people tell me i looked pretty. No one says that anymore and its hard to deal with. But I'm hopefully that accutane wil work and my doctor told me i should start to see improvement in about a month.

Has your acne started to clear up any since starting with accutane?

Good luck, I hope things start to go well for you.

I'm sorry that people are so callous and crappy to you, Flawless. :( I was in your boat once upon a time and I remember some of the nasty comments people would make to me. It is so devastating to your self esteem. And what sucks even more is that people have no clue how much you struggle to take proper care of you skin (to no avail!) and that you're under a doctor's care for your acne. While I don't know your mother, I do have to say shame on her for not being more supportive of you. You have no control over this. You didn't ask for acne. Would she be so critical of you if you were diabetic? Or if you lost a limb in an accident? Seriously, she needs to re-adjust her viewpoint on this. I'm sure in her own weird way, she thinks she is helping you, but you might have to keep cluing her in on how hurtful her comments are to you. You need all the support you can get! As for the pregnancy testing for the Accutane, I think I would agree with elvybeauti. I took Accutane in my early/mid 20's, and I don't recall the pregnancy test being such a arduous process. In fact, it was just like elvybeauti stated her process was. Maybe you can go to another dermatologist for a second opinion? In any case, good luck, and keep your chin up, so to speak. ;)

hey i am 15 and went through the same thing going from a good looking kid to a not so good looking kid because of my acne. i went on accutane and now i am back to my normal self. feels a lot better. i hope the same for you. here is my before and after

before:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody...reAccutane2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody..._2007_033-1.jpg

after:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody...tProject030.jpg

hey i am 15 and went through the same thing going from a good looking kid to a not so good looking kid because of my acne. i went on accutane and now i am back to my normal self. feels a lot better. i hope the same for you. here is my before and after

before:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody...reAccutane2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody..._2007_033-1.jpg

after:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h7/sbody...tProject030.jpg

If you periods are irregular you should see an endocrinologist...I had the worst acne ever and spent years going to derms...even taking accutane 2x. It helped but it would always come back. Then I saw an endo that told me I have POS...they prescribed Aldactone and it's unbelieveable how well it's worked! I never thought anything could help me. It's a miracle worker for the right person...that's why I would see an endo just to be sure. Derms treat superficially...if you have a hormonal prob then you need other help. Even the pill didn't work for me...but Aldactone works great.