Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chocobot

Why did my back acne vanish, but not my face?

I had acne on my upper back and face for years (nowhere else). A few months ago, starting maybe in October, my upper back acne started to clear up, until it completely disappeared, leaving no traces. On the other hand, my face and the side of my neck get pimples all the time.

The only major change in my life since then has been going once a week to the tanning salon. I noticed this makes my skin dryer (my face and upper back were always oily, but my face isn't anymore). So maybe this is what helped, but why not also for my face?

I feel really hopeless because nothing I do to take better care of my skin, like washing it morning and night, etc., does anything.

Worst of all is there was a time in my life (starting in summer 2004 and ending in summer 2005) when I had no more pimples at all. I could eat junk food every day, and I wouldn't wash my face except when I took a shower. I remember using Proactiv back then, but I don't remember if I had stop in late summer 04 or if I kept using it all along.

At worst I'll order more Proactiv and give it another try. But figuring out how come my back has cleared up would be much more useful:|

Hey, I think you just outgrew your body acne. Same thing with me. I used to have acne on my chest, back and upper arms, along with my face; although, my body acne was never as bad as my face. I've never used anything but a salicylic acid wash on my body acne, which controlled it for the most part. In the past year or so, I noticed that my body acne was clearing on its own and now I only get a few pimples on my back (like when I go camping and can't wash my chest/back for a few days). My arms and chest are totally clear no matter what. If I shower regularly (which I do, hehe) I'm clear - even if I use my Dove soap and not the salicylic wash. My face is a different story, but I'm hoping it will follow suit soon.

No I didn't outgrow it because from time to time I still get it, and I'm pretty sure that when I stopped going to get tanned for two weeks it started to come back (my back got oily again, while when I get tanned it no longer gets oily).

But sadly, my face still breaks out:( It usually becomes oily by mid-day. I hate it, I wish it would stop, but nothing stops it.

Same thing happened to me! I didn't change anything though. My back completely cleared up, but my face got horribly worse... Noooo idea why :S

The same thing happened to me at the time I started taking the Yasmin pill. My back almost cleared except my face and chest. The face is always the worst! Ugh! Maybe it's not the pill but the fact I outgrew it, too. I really don't know. I just hope my face follows sometime soon!

I'm sure I didn't "outgrow" it. It might have just been the tanning, but it doesn't have the same effect for my face.

I still get a pimple or two from time to time on my back, but nothing major. My stupid face still acts up tho.