Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aghaigh Dearg

spots on legs!

Ok Im getting acne on my legs. Just the below the knee to heel areas of em. Not many either but enough to annoy me. I shave my legs because Im in shorts nearly three times a week and my hair grows fast so needs the constant trimming. (eww thats kinda nasty) Also mucho sensitive skin, nearly anything will cause a rash, tres annoying.

Now Id dont often show my legs off because I do a lot of rock climbing so there tends to be a lot of bruises. but between the bruises and the spots I have the most unattractive pair of legs going. I wash with Sanex Etra Sensitive shower cream because everything else irritates my skin. I use aloe vera as a body lotion.

I use a Clinique anti bacterial soap from their Anti Blemish/Acne Solutions range for my face but dont really wanna put the same soap on my legs... seems nasty.

Any suggestions?

Probably ingrown hairs and not acne. Shave with the grain. Use tendskin if you must on them. Or ingrow-go

yea, i thought ingrown myself but these are proper lil whiteheads Im getting not red bumps.

whats tendskin?

ok, not to gross you out, but sometimes when i shave my belly hair (whats it called? the line of hair right below your belly button for a guy?), i get little whiteheads like that too. It's just because you are shaving too close, its not acne persay. They should go away within a couple days granted you don't keep shaving.

Yes it's probably ingrown hairs. I have a hard time keeping my legs free of bumps, spots, and bruises too (and it's such a shame, cuz I really do have a cute pair of long, slender legs :D). I think mine is a combination of ingrown hairs and an infection of the hair follicles.

I use all these products in an effort to keep my legs looking nice:

Peter Thomas Roth AHA / BHA face & body polish - I use this before I shave to exfoliate, about 3 times a week max. This helps prevent ingrowns from shaving. I find it hard to use an AHA lotion, because of the stinging it causes on shaved skin, so I prefer a wash that is rinsed off.

Thayer's lavender witch hazel toner - apply this once or twice a day & always after shaving, helps prevent & treat ingrowns, and is gentle & cheap. I find this to make a huge difference, more so than after shave topicals with SA.

Dermazinc soap - It has Pyrithione Zinc, to treat fungal and even some bacterial infections. This is probably not your problem, but most anti-bacterial acne stuff (ie. SA, BP, mandelic acid) wasn't working for me on some spots , so I tried this & it helped. I used it everyday til clear, then 3 times a week to maintain it. Still not sure if it is a fungal or bacteria issue....just some kind of vague "folliculitis" as my derm diagnosed it.