Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok i now know what really causes my acne. The food I eat.

Well anyways, I cut down on everything. From chocolate to burgers, pizza, EVERYTHING

I now eat. Tuna, rice, broccolli, Salmon, Organic whole wheat, carrots, all the right stuff to stay clear.

I try to stay away from milk. And if i do drink it, its Organic Fat Free Milk with Omega 3 in it.

Now my problem is.. I'm too damn skinny! I mean I was thin to start off with, but I looked healthy.

Now that I have switched my diet, I lost weight. I went from 150 to 140-142!! My face looks a lot skinny which is kinda gross.

Anyways, I went to GNC to go buy a weight gainer, because I'm tired of looking anorexic!

Well I found something that might help, but JESUS I have to add 2 cups of milk to it. So now I'm hoping all this milk won't make me break out.

Do you guys think its ok? Using milk that is. I'm using the organic fat free milk with omega 3, vitamins A&D.

Thanks!

Unfortunately there's a good chance milk will break you out.

But never buy fat-free milk. Would you buy protein-free chicken? Didn't think so. Pasteuried, homogenized milk is unnatural enough as it is. Also, there was a study that found that whole milk was the least irritating, in terms of break outs. In addition, the extra fat in whole milk will help you gain weight, so it's not something you need to avoid.

I would be more worried about how the weight gainer affects your skin than the milk, to be honest. I would make my own weight gainer (using ingredients like whey protein and nut butters) before buying one from a store.

you might wanna try almond or rice milk :) And yeah I'm scared my new acne diet will make me lose weight too. I have to cut out all sugars and wheat [has starches...which is sugar].

haha I don't want to look like nicole richie...

Have you tried eating high fat foods? Have you seen healthoid? He has a pic somewhere of the muscle he's gained soley from eating high fat/protein foods. Fatty cuts of meat, beef, etc (grass fed of course, because it has the omega 3s), avocados, some nuts like almonds and walnuts, ghee, butter...

Wish almonds wasn't expensive. lol

Cool walnuts good too? will buy it next time.

gonna buy Almonds , walnut every week.. pretty sure i am not allergic to it:)

Yes eat meatssssssss , lotsssssss

Hey I have the same problem, I naturally have a very fast metabolism and often have to eat 4 meals a day with snacks. Since almond milk is quite fattening, I was wondering if you can buy it in a shop rather than having to make your own since I'm a very busy boy. If so, what kind of places do you think would sell it?

Spanks (thanks).

Hey I have the same problem, I naturally have a very fast metabolism and often have to eat 4 meals a day with snacks. Since almond milk is quite fattening, I was wondering if you can buy it in a shop rather than having to make your own since I'm a very busy boy. If so, what kind of places do you think would sell it?

Spanks (thanks).

Thanks Tashums. It was mainly because I want a milk so that I can start eating cereal again but eating almonds does still make sense.

Ok i now know what really causes my acne. The food I eat.

Well anyways, I cut down on everything. From chocolate to burgers, pizza, EVERYTHING

I now eat. Tuna, rice, broccolli, Salmon, Organic whole wheat, carrots, all the right stuff to stay clear.

I try to stay away from milk. And if i do drink it, its Organic Fat Free Milk with Omega 3 in it.

Now my problem is.. I'm too damn skinny! I mean I was thin to start off with, but I looked healthy.

Now that I have switched my diet, I lost weight. I went from 150 to 140-142!! My face looks a lot skinny which is kinda gross.

Anyways, I went to GNC to go buy a weight gainer, because I'm tired of looking anorexic!

Well I found something that might help, but JESUS I have to add 2 cups of milk to it. So now I'm hoping all this milk won't make me break out.

Do you guys think its ok? Using milk that is. I'm using the organic fat free milk with omega 3, vitamins A&D.

Thanks!

I dont know which weight gainer you got but some of them are crazy, like a days worth of calories and carbs in one shake. Youll definitely gain weight, and fast, but I dont know how well your skin would handle it.

Unfortunately there's a good chance milk will break you out.

But never buy fat-free milk. Would you buy protein-free chicken? Didn't think so. Pasteuried, homogenized milk is unnatural enough as it is. Also, there was a study that found that whole milk was the least irritating, in terms of break outs. In addition, the extra fat in whole milk will help you gain weight, so it's not something you need to avoid.

I would be more worried about how the weight gainer affects your skin than the milk, to be honest. I would make my own weight gainer (using ingredients like whey protein and nut butters) before buying one from a store.

but milk without fat is not milk.. like chicken without protein wouldn't be.. yeah chicken.. that's what he meant

I've resigned myself to the fact that gaining weight is pretty much impossible if you stick to a strict "acne friendly" diet. In fact, it seems the vast majority of the time people lose weight on these diets unless they happen to be doing hardcore lifting on the side. I think in our case it's best to simply add things that help (i.e. green smoothies, supplements, etc.) rather than cut things that may or may not have any effect on our skin just because some random person on the internet says it's related. I mean, you don't want to go crazy and jump on a fast food diet, obviously, but when you're really trying to gain you're not exactly in a position to be cutting whole food groups either. It's best to only cut things that you KNOW make you personally break out.

Good luck to you! I'm working on this myself, so I know how much of a pain it can be to balance these things.

Just a pointer...usually I wouldn't say something like this, but if you get chicken nuggets at a fast food place, they'd probably be good for gaining weight, and they wouldn't have too many carbohydrates.

Spanks (thanks).

Most grocery stores carry almond milk, such as the brand Almond Breeze, but you may have to go to health food store. Before buying almond milk though, consider that you are likely to get more fat from just eating almonds. I used to make almond milk quite often (real easy, toss in a handful of almonds, add some water, blend, strain the almond pulp), and in making it, a large bulk of the almond (the pulp) is lost, because who wants to drink grainy almond milk :shifty: ? Also, as you probably know, the store bought kind has other stuff in it like sugar and what have you. My advice, drink water and eat almonds. But like I said, you should be able to find some almond milk at your nearest health food store :).

Just a pointer...usually I wouldn't say something like this, but if you get chicken nuggets at a fast food place, they'd probably be good for gaining weight, and they wouldn't have too many carbohydrates.

Oh man nice! i used to love chicken nuggets from McDonalds!! Now getting them every once in a while. AWESOME! i'll make sure not to over do it. How about a burger every once in a while.. just a regular cheese burger?

Oh man nice! i used to love chicken nuggets from McDonalds!! Now getting them every once in a while. AWESOME! i'll make sure not to over do it. How about a burger every once in a while.. just a regular cheese burger?