Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corey514

Went from Mino-Erethromycin, will Mino work again?

Hello everybody. I went from being clear for a year on minocycline, to acne in the winter time. Now that winters almost over and erethromycin really doesn't seem to be doing a great job at all, I was wondering if minocycline would work again? It has been about 2 months since I last took it, and I believe I still have refills. Thanks for any help.

Hello everybody. I went from being clear for a year on minocycline, to acne in the winter time. Now that winters almost over and erethromycin really doesn't seem to be doing a great job at all, I was wondering if minocycline would work again? It has been about 2 months since I last took it, and I believe I still have refills. Thanks for any help.

it did for me, depends tho. i think as it stopped working in the first place, it wont necessarily work again as the distance between the times is so short. erythromycin is shite tho, so any tetracycline should be better tbh! maybe give tetracycline ago, i loved that while it worked!

Minocycline worked really well for me the first time I went on it. I was on it for I think a duration of six months. I went off of it, I had no acne for a year and then the following winter it came back in full force. I went on minocycline again and it didnt work at all that time. I think I became immune to it. I am on Septra now and its worked pretty fast. I still beg pimples but not as many as I had before.