Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering what the best thing is to exfoliate your skin, I get flakey skin and whiteheads so I'm looking to get a good one. Thanks.

I was just wondering what the best thing is to exfoliate your skin, I get flakey skin and whiteheads so I'm looking to get a good one. Thanks.

hello! ;)

i've found that Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is absoultely fantastic. its a bit pricey but if you go your local dermalogica store/retailer then they should be able to give you a sample so you can test how it reacts with your skin, then if you like it, ebay or strawberrynet.com sells it way below retail price if money's an issue. for me, i've found its helped to even out my skintone and has completely cleared up all my problem congestion (specifically whiteheads and milia), as well has help keep my acne at bay (although BP is probably the main contributer to this!!), so now all i've really got to focus in on is my scarring/skin texture :clap: .

the best part is that its non-abrasive like other walnut-shell based scrubs (such as St Ives) which initially make your skin feel soft but actually make your acne worse through over-stimulation :blink:

when my dermatologist first recommended it she said that some people find that it can cause a bit of redness with the first couple of applications, i personally didnt find this but i was assured that once you're past that bit you should see some definite improvements :dance:

drinking lots and lots of water also helps with flakey skin too!! :D

hope that helps you a little, let us know what you decide to go with!