Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kcr

holy smokes!

Just want to share since so often I post with my concerns about spiro or complaints about acne med side effects:

Last night I ate a considerably large meal for dinner. I also have PMS. And I have severe fatigue and muscle weakness from chronic Lyme and fibromyalgia and have not exercised in quite some time. I'm also 33 years old.

All of the above leave me a prime target for the dreaded "midsection spread," or as it's more commonly known, a pot belly. (I was always a big athlete, and I still eat well, so at 5'3 I weigh 112 pounds but you can't avoid excess flab when you don't exercise, especially at my age, so I'm much softer than I'd like. Beyond that, for some reason even when I was super fit and my ab muscles were rock hard, I always had a very tiny belly bump).

This morning I woke up with showered, dressed and almost fell over. My stomach has not been this flat since I was a teenager! It's literally flat as a board. Amazing!

Yesterday marked exactly 7 weeks for me on spiro, and 2 weeks at 100mg. I drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration, but the diuretic effects of 100mg of spiro must be pretty good, because on 50mg I saw no difference whatsoever.

Wow! Obviously not a substitute for exercise, which I love and wish I could do more, but, boy, it makes me think what the combo of spiro and a good workout routine could do!

Just wanted to share a "good" spiro story for a change instead of my usual concerned questions.

Just want to share since so often I post with my concerns about spiro or complaints about acne med side effects:

Last night I ate a considerably large meal for dinner. I also have PMS. And I have severe fatigue and muscle weakness from chronic Lyme and fibromyalgia and have not exercised in quite some time. I'm also 33 years old.

All of the above leave me a prime target for the dreaded "midsection spread," or as it's more commonly known, a pot belly. (I was always a big athlete, and I still eat well, so at 5'3 I weigh 112 pounds but you can't avoid excess flab when you don't exercise, especially at my age, so I'm much softer than I'd like. Beyond that, for some reason even when I was super fit and my ab muscles were rock hard, I always had a very tiny belly bump).

This morning I woke up with showered, dressed and almost fell over. My stomach has not been this flat since I was a teenager! It's literally flat as a board. Amazing!

Yesterday marked exactly 7 weeks for me on spiro, and 2 weeks at 100mg. I drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration, but the diuretic effects of 100mg of spiro must be pretty good, because on 50mg I saw no difference whatsoever.

Wow! Obviously not a substitute for exercise, which I love and wish I could do more, but, boy, it makes me think what the combo of spiro and a good workout routine could do!

Just wanted to share a "good" spiro story for a change instead of my usual concerned questions.

awesome!! i also have had a similar experience on spiro. after 6 months of 100mg per day and some decent amounts of excercise, my stored energy (bellly!) has shrunk quite a bit. if spiro did an ad campaign about this side effect the drug compay would have a surge in sales:P