Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eryka

Everyday Minerals- Blue Powder

After finding out that Everyday Minerals does not make a shade of foundation or concealer pale enough for me (yes you read that right), I decided that I don't need a cover up so much, rather something to take some of the redness away.

I have ultra fair skin but with the skincare regimen I'm using it looks like I have a constant flush. Plus when I add concealer on top of it, I get that lovely "line" that I can not for the life of me blend away.

So, does anyone use the blue concealing powder. I've heard people say don't use it all over your face but my redness is kind of all over. It's not bad, just noticeable with the wrong makeup.

Thanks

I haven't...but they recommend it for orangeness like when you have gone tanning too much so I'm not sure if that's what you need. They recommend the mint concealer for overall redness. Maybe mixing that with a moisturizer? Or dusting it lightly over your skin? I'm really not sure. And just to make sure...have you tried the newest foundation color of Ivory?

Yeah I got a sample of each of the palest shades. Even the fair concealer is too dark. I'm seriously light skinned. Think of Helena Bonham Carter in Sweeny Todd or Christina Ricci in Sleepy Hollow. That's me without makeup

This isn't in regard to EM but have you ever tried New York Color Pressed Powder in Translucent? I've used this product for years and it's amazing at covering redness and giving a matte/airbrushed finish. I've never had any breakouts from it is really light (i'm very fair as well). I've been trying to get EM to work for me but it still doesn't look as good as the NYC powder and a bit of concealer. Hope this helps!

Actually I have. Gives me a very faint line. Also the added benefit of breaking me out and itching.

I haven't used the blue concealor, but the green works pretty well at reducing redness. I use a light dusting over my cheeks which tend to be red. You probably have to use some kind of concealor or something over it, otherwise you can look really...sickly, because it makes you kind of ashy or something. If you really can't find something to put over it because, like you said you're really fair, just use it sparingly and I think it'll help. :]