Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kdgulle

In the same boat ???

I have had really severe acne almost half of my life. I have tried everything. About a week ago I was put on Accutane(actually the generic) I have never had acne as bad as I have had it for the past 2 months. I am really down on myself. No it's not the Accutane I have been feeling like this for a while. I have never known anyone with acne as bad as I have it. I'm not sure if I have the same feeling. I don't want to go out at all. I get my husband to do as much errands as I can. I am a SAHM so I only have to take my son to and from school. I know my DH tries to be uplifting. I know he must get tired of looking at me. I get tired of looking at me. My face hurts quite a bit. How do you guys get over these feelings of not being down and all bummed out? I am a pretty cheerful person but these past few months have been hard. I am hoping the accutane starts working faster, but thats it. I can wait 5 months right what's almost 5 months after 20 years. I feel just by looking at myself though it will never go away. How have you dealt with it? How long did it take if you had bad acne all over your face to start to dissapear? I might call my derm on Mon and see if I can get a few steriod injs just to help some of the cystic ones. I'd be greatful just to see what you guys say. TIA!

The one thing you can look foward too....is the accutane will work, but it will take some time

looking at it that way i have had acne more then half my life (it started when i was 16, still have it today and i'm 38) like you i started on Amnesteen (generic Accutane) 13 days ago, no effect yet besides from dry lips. i been where you are, not wanting to go out & stuff... & i know you think every1 is looking @ your face since all you yourself do i look @ peoples faces :} but really you are wasting your life away, think of all those days you will never ever get back, i started the Amnesteen & what i try to do is what every1 here says, don't worry and/or pick. just do your thing and let the medicine do it's work... a few things help me when i'm bummed out, best remedy is playing with my almost 5 month old son, or i take a long ride on my motorcycle. try to focus on other things like listening to music ("unhappy" music like Neil Young & Bob Dylan makes me cheerful :} i know my wife doesn't get tired of looking @ me, she's just feeling feelings like being useless, 'cuz she can't help me & she really wants to see me happy.. pretty sure your husband is the same.

try & stay positive.. and we'll talk more after we are both acne free & are done with Accutane/Amnesteen.. how's that ?

I will keep up with you rudeboy. I have a 16th month old who I am always doing something with. So she keeps me going. Yes I do have the dry lips and itchy scalp. Today my face is itching like crazy so I feel that it's working. My DS has had basketball all week so I have been going out. I just figure 6 months I can do this after how many years.

bet she's keeping you busy crawling and/or walking around.. we don't have that "problem" yet :} still i only have dry lips, no itchy scalp and also 2 new pimples overnight.. hope this is the medication pushing out the cr*p..

take care...