Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonP

DIM is wearing off. Time for a new Anti-Androgen

Well, it's been about 3 weeks and looks as if DIM is starting to wear off. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this, but it has.

I've purchased PGX, a Probiotic, B-Complex, Apple Cider Vinegar, Milk Thistle and MSM.

Is it safe to take all of these?

Also, among all of the products known, what is the most powerful anti-androgen?

ok ron paul you gotta understand that by taking the pgx it is so powerful that it will basically flush out all the other supplements in your digestive system. Take the supplements at a seperate time from the pgx but make sure the pgx is used during naughty foods. Pgx alone will cure you and the rest are just added bonus'

I'm fine with taking these at different times. I'd like to try the PGX first with the probiotic (as it's recommended), but I think my acne is more hormonal related.

How sure are you that PGX will work wonders? I did see clearing from DIM, which leads me to believe that my acne is hormonal related..

Thanks

ok ron paul you gotta understand that by taking the pgx it is so powerful that it will basically flush out all the other supplements in your digestive system. Take the supplements at a seperate time from the pgx but make sure the pgx is used during naughty foods. Pgx alone will cure you and the rest are just added bonus'

RonP --- I'm not sure if you are clear about what is causing your acne.

If you noticed that DIM slightly cleared your face, then yes, your acne is being caused by an excess of androgens (testosterone)... however, the excess of androgens is released by your body as a way to "fix" their problems --- which is insulin insensivity.

Researchers now know that our bodies flood itself with androgens as a way to "fix" their insulin insensivity (for whatever reason). So, by taking anti-androgens you are masking the symptoms, but not addressing the cause. B5 is a GREAT anti-androgen. However, after b5 wear off (in about a year), you might have to consider an insulin insensivity diet. Good luck!

Dude what the eff are you talking about?

PGX is just fiber, it's not a cure for anything

Dude what the eff are you talking about?

PGX is just fiber, it's not a cure for anything

Well, it's been about 3 weeks and looks as if DIM is starting to wear off. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this, but it has.

I've purchased PGX, a Probiotic, B-Complex, Apple Cider Vinegar, Milk Thistle and MSM.

Is it safe to take all of these?

Also, among all of the products known, what is the most powerful anti-androgen?

Does anybody know if I can take PGX with all those supplements, still keeping all of those supplement's benefits?

(especially apple cider vinegar, as it works to flush the liver out)?

Just started DIM a week ago. I'm really confused reading about all this stuff(meaning the other supplements, etc. you guys have mentioned). Not sure where to start. I don't have severe acne, but it's constant and has been since I was about 19...I'm now 34. Not sure if it's hormonal or not. Again, confused and don't know where to start. I guess I'll try DIM for about 30 days and see what happens. I'm female by the way, not sure if this makes difference.

Any advice would we appreciated. I do have a weird and embarassing question. Has anyone taking DIM experienced a gas problem? I hate to even ask, but it has been quite sudden and taking DIM is the only new thing I've done. Would like to know if it's just me or if there are others.

Does anybody know if I can take PGX with all those supplements, still keeping all of those supplement's benefits?

(especially apple cider vinegar, as it works to flush the liver out)?

Peppermint tea is great stuff, it's helped me a lot since I stopped taking all my supplements due to potential pregnancy. It's anti-androgenic.

And fiber at every meal helps stabilize blood sugar.