Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarsBars

Organic Foods

As my process continues to switching to a more organic lifestyle I have noticed that many organic products contain more calories than their conventional counterparts, for ex. cereal, peanut butter, jam. This may be a silly question, but does anyone know why? :think:

As my process continues to switching to a more organic lifestyle I have noticed that many organic products contain more calories than their conventional counterparts, for ex. cereal, peanut butter, jam. This may be a silly question, but does anyone know why? :think:

Hmm, I am not sure what the exact answer is. It could be that they have more nutrients. It would help if I knew exactly what food item you are referring to?

Does it really matter though?... I mean, organic foods are SO much better for you than conventional ones. ;)

If you are "counting calories," in my experience, this has never helped me. Ever since I became Vegan I have lost a good deal of weight (for my size). I am now a size 0-2 or 25 in designer jeans and feeling SO much better both inside and out.

Besides, there are many things that are good for you that have a good amount of calories. I have found that moderation is key. For example, because I only eat veggies and other organic foods, I can "splurge" on a few items with more fat and calories like Omega-3s (Flax Oil), some organic cashew butter, and even soy ice cream...

I'm surprised you're able to tolerate bread, peanut butter, and jam in the first place, MarsBars. Those foods are usually acne disasters.

Organic cereal often has more sugar than regular cereals. Peanut butter I'm not sure about, however organic is really the way to go with any nut butter. The jam, like the cereal, might simply have more sugar or fruit juice in it.

No, I am not counting calories, I always look at the nutrition labels and happened to notice. I asked out of sheer curiosity

I'm surprised you're able to tolerate bread, peanut butter, and jam in the first place, MarsBars. Those foods are usually acne disasters.

No, I am not counting calories, I always look at the nutrition labels and happened to notice. I asked out of sheer curiosity

After years of "experimenting" I am 100% sure that diet does not affect my acne. I am switching to a more organic lifestyle for general health reasons.

Mars,

I noticed this too as I switched to mostly organic a few months ago. I found that if you poke around Whole Foods or the organic/natural section of your local grocery store, the calories per serving depend on the brand.

I guess I'd rather have more calories if it comes in a nutritous form than less calories filled with chemicals and hydrogenated vegetable oils. As organicgal mentioned, some fats are good for you.