Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
talper

live in israel, both ingrediants and need direction.

hey,

my name is tal, 20 years old from israel.

i had oily skin and acne both in my back and face since i was 13-14.

in the last few years, after roacuttane treatment(twice bgoth not finished i guess) the situation got better and then got worse again.

although the situation(mostly in the face) is much better then before i used roaccutane, i still have oily feelings, very bad feeling when i sweat etc.

and my back is mildly with acne. going back and forth, to bad and less bad.

i heared about the regimen, and because i live in israel, i had a little problem finding the right ingrediants.

those are the ingridiants i have at the moment:

benzac ac(benzoyl) 60 g

cetaphil cleanser(hebrew package) 200 ml

sebocalm moisturizer 70ml

i would like to know if those are good enough ingridiants.

im intended to read the regimen few times and start today.

what should i do with my back?

at first start with my face and a little portion of my back? or all the back in the same time from the beginning?

btw-as im 20 and my acne is hormonal, in what age is it going away in most cases without any treatment?

i would like to get any other ideas.

thanks

Hi Tal,

Welcome! :)

Your products appear to be okay, but what is the percentage of bp in the Benzac? Also, I'm not sure about the Sebocalm moisturizer. It sounds like it may have some oil-absorbing ingredients in it? If it is non-comedogenic it should be fine, but you may just have to try it out and see.

You can treat your back acne the same way you do the face although you may not need much moisturizer for the back skin. It's typically tougher and won't dry out as easily as facial skin.

As for when you will grow out of acne, that's a tough question and not one easily answered. Do you have a family history of acne? What about your parents? Sometimes we can get a general idea based on our parents experience, and sometimes it doesn't matter at all. We seem to get the bad luck in the family without any family history. So, rather than waiting for it to go away on its own, it's best to go ahead and treat it.

I hope this helps and good luck!

actually my parents had no acne at all.

and im starting the regimen, or at least something that looks like it(:

should i do twice daily what is in the regimen page with the sink?

or what is in the recomendation, once after shower in the morning and once with the sink in the evening?

Yes, twice daily.

Morning: Wash, apply the bp, apply moisturizer.

Evening: Same thing.

You can either shower or wash at the sink, whichever you prefer to do. I actually do mine in the shower in the morning, then in the bath at night. :)

You can either shower or wash at the sink, whichever you prefer to do. I actually do mine in the shower in the morning, then in the bath at night. :)

Hi Brandy,

I'm also using Benzac AC(2.5% by Galderma) like Tal. The BP always leaves some residue on my face after its absorbed, which I rub off into my skin while using the moisturizer (Neutrogena Oil-free non-comedogenic). When I rub, the BP and moisturizer form a kind of white paste, which on trying I can rub off into my skin. I've been following this for the past 3 weeks and my acne has improved, except for some parts of my forehead.

When you said to Tal that you do yours in the shower in the morning and bath at night, what was that? Do I need to wash off after the moisturizer?

Sorry for such a long question, but I wanna make sure I'm not doing it wrong, since it has worked out so well for me. It could probably get better than this! :)

Thanks!

Hi Simplyaqua,

I just meant that it doesn't matter where you wash your face. If you wash in the sink, shower, bath, etc. The location doesn't matter.

The bp and moisturizer are leave-on products though, so no you won't wash them off. I was referring to the washing of the face before applying the bp and moisturizer in my reply to Tal.

As for the white streaks you are experiencing, this happens more with some bp brands than others. Dan's is pretty much streak free since it is translucent. But some of the bp's that are a cream or more white do tend to leave behind some streaks. Take some time to work your moisturizer in and the streaks should go away.