Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkie

Remove mineral makeup. HOW

I need HELP!

1.How do you remove mineral makeup after a long day? (Step by step pls!!)

2.Any good make up remover?

3.Is it true that any uncleared makeup which are left overnight would trigger acne?

Thank You!!!!!!

Hmm lets just put it this way..would you go to bed with mud all over you? Not nice is it? Makeup is not meant to sit on your skin for so long. However I have never used mineral makeup before and I am also looking for a good makeup remover that ill not aggravate my acne.

I wash twice with Johnson's Baby Top-to-Toe Wash.

I clean my makeup off with baby oil followed up by my cleanser. This is recommended by many users on this forum. Cheap and good baby oil it is- cleans thoroughly.

Yeah uncleaned makeup can block pores and trigger acne. It is also important that you do a remover routine because I heard sunscreens can also block pores so you need to remove that as well.

Check here: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=YbC7gycOD6w

I need HELP!

3.Is it true that any uncleared makeup which are left overnight would trigger acne?

Thank You!!!!!!

I love the ease and convenience of facial cleansing cloths, so I use Dove Cool Moisture Facial Cleansing Cloths because they were one of the few recommended by Paula Begoun (what can I say, I'm a believer!). I cut them all in half so they last longer. I am planning on adding an oil to my routine soon.

my cleanser, purity made simple by philosophy, takes all of it off, with exception of waterproof mascara, which i don't wear. but, it does take off regular mascara in a breeze.

I clean my makeup off with baby oil followed up by my cleanser. This is recommended by many users on this forum. Cheap and good baby oil it is- cleans thoroughly.

Yeah uncleaned makeup can block pores and trigger acne. It is also important that you do a remover routine because I heard sunscreens can also block pores so you need to remove that as well.

lately i've been using a cold cream (Rite Aid's generic version of Pond's) to remove my eye makeup and mascara. then i've been using St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub to remove my EDM. works great and fast. i know i probably shouldn't be using a scrub daily, but it's been doing such a nice job, i figured i can use it 'till i have a reason not to.

I use baby oil as well, then rinse it off as much as I can, followed by my cleanser. No problems whatsoever. I love it! I would not recommend leaving the baby oil on, though - always wash it off with a cleanser. I use baby oil with vitamin E and Aloe Vera in it. I can't find any without fragrance, but my skin hasn't been irritated by it, thankfully. Mostly, I'd just rather go without the smell.

I think you can just by mineral oil and get the same outcome, too. No fragrance, either. Any makeup that might be left, like on my eyes, I remove with Almay's oil free makeup removing pads, which work great. They remove waterproof mascara, too. Haven't tried the baby oil and waterproof mascara, so I don't know if it that works for it.

Definitely don't leave makeup on when you sleep. You might be able to get away with it sometimes, but it's always best to remove it before you go to bed. I don't care what any mineral company says - you shouldn't sleep in your makeup!

i use mac's cleanse off oil and love it!!! i'm thinking about trying baby/mineral oil though since it's a lot cheaper. (i'm budgeting to buy a house and am saving where ever i can.) both received great reviews from mua.

I just use a generous pumping of good ol' Cetaphil. Cleans my mineral make-up and mascara off with no problems.

Speaking of cleansing with oil, I've started massaging my face with oil before I wash it to loosen up the clogged pores. It really works and one night I was lazy and slept with my makeup on and my skin felt just disgusting the next morning. After I gave my face a good massage then washed it, it felt really smooth. Im using olive oil for now but am waiting for my hazelnut oil to arrive. It has astringent properties so Im hoping it will be even better!

I need HELP!

Thank You!!!!!!

I use Light Mineral Oil, just put it on your face and wipe off with a soft cloth. Then I wash my face with Basis soap. It gets off all of my mineral makeup and my mascara. It doesn't clog my pores and actuallty makes my face fill soft. Baby oil is just mineral oil with a fragrance added to it (which I don't like, the smell I mean ).

I am raelly afraid using baby oil might just trigger my acne again. It has just cleared up though i get the occasional one or 2 which pops. You reckon its safe to use baby oil?

And any proper and safe for sensitive skin make up remover?

I am raelly afraid using baby oil might just trigger my acne again. It has just cleared up though i get the occasional one or 2 which pops. You reckon its safe to use baby oil?

And any proper and safe for sensitive skin make up remover?

I don't have any problems washing off my makeup. I usually use cetaphil cleanser and occasionally I do the oil cleansing method with castor oil and jojoba oil, which of course works very well.

RE the baby oil thing. It used to be a thing to shave with baby oil and also to apply it after bathing and then drying off. They even had advertising campaigns about 'drying off soft.' So I tried using it to shave with and I started getting pimples on my legs.

I use oil, but not baby oil. I use a mix of grapeseed, avocado, and jojoba oil. Works really well for me. I had to play around with oils to get my mix, and I still tweak it.

Oil Oil Oil!

I LOVE the OCM.

I have a pretty oily t-zone (read, I need blotting papers daily), and the oil cleansing method has saved me.

You have to spend the time massaging it in the areas that get really clogged. Just a few minutes of massage, it is relaxing too.

I have been doing oil cleansing for about 4 months now (I posted about it a while back).

It takes a bit of time, but if you really commit to it, it will save you time with makeup and all the other stuff because it will clear your skin up from little bumps and blackheads; cysts and nodules are another issue. It also makes your skin really soft and supple.

I use cold-pressed organic castor oil and jojoba (Dan's from this website, it is the best deal for high quality). I mix in organic tea tree & neem oils too (just a little). It is so great!

You have to use a nice hot wash cloth and sort of steam the oil off. It can take a few minutes, but it is great at getting out the clogged blackheads in the t-zone. It took almost a week to clear out the pores on my nose completely, but it worked better than anything I have EVER tried. FYI, I am a product junkie and have tried it all!

Tip: When I am in a hurry (usually in the AM) I use a squirt of Shu Uemura's balancing cleansing oil FRESH (pink, for oily skin) and then it washes all the oil off quickly. I do my normal oil massage and then quickly massage the Shu Uemura on top and then wet hands and lather it up, and then wash it off.

I'm on Dan's regimen and found that two pumps of the cleanser got all the make-up off well.