Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bond69

Me 4 days post the second fraxel laser

Hey all,

i have recently done my second fraxel laser treatment on Tuesday. This time derm set 25 MJ and level 11 ( i know it is a bit high and yeah i got pink now ) comparing to the first laser 25 MJ level 7 (maybe).

Hopefully i will be back to normal skin before school on Monday. i hate when ppe look at my pink and say " i have a tan skin"

this pic is taken today morning after i washed and applied sunblock and moisturizer.

I am satisfied with the result so far and really hope after my last treatment the scars will be diminished and les visible.

Cheers,

post-7310-1206783096_thumb.jpg

post-7310-1206783096_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

i have recently done my second fraxel laser treatment on Tuesday. This time derm set 25 MJ and level 11 ( i know it is a bit high and yeah i got pink now ) comparing to the first laser 25 MJ level 7 (maybe).

Hopefully i will be back to normal skin before school on Monday. i hate when ppe look at my pink and say " i have a tan skin"

this pic is taken today morning after i washed and applied sunblock and moisturizer.

I am satisfied with the result so far and really hope after my last treatment the scars will be diminished and les visible.

Cheers,

Hi,

I had Fraxel last Friday. Are you doing Fraxel 1 or Fraxel 2? I'm on my 4th treatment and very pleased with the results.

Hi there,

i am doing Fraxel 2. Yes i am also pleased with the result though it was just my second.

After my first laser for a month, i could see some improvements on my scars, it has been getting smoother and soft.

Personally, Fraxel or any kind of laser treatments will provide different results depends on your skin conditions or how your skin react to the laser. For me, as stated ealier i am satisfied with the fraxel2. Moreover, i have gained more confidence back. That's what i want.

By the way, how was your setting ? mine seemed higher lol and now i am light pink and peeling. My derm suggests me to go for 4 treatments. Honestly, after this i think i will stop thinking about laser and just use some creams or vitamins instead of spending money.

Be positive and i am ... Onething i have kept in my mind all time is DONOT EXPECT 100% result, it is impossible. maybe 99-perhaps ? HAHAHAHAHA. It is spring now. It is time to wear heavy sunblock :dance:

Cheers,

Bond

Have you gotten any small breakouts after each treatment? Or did you have them while you where still getting the occasional pimple?

Yes i did get a couple of acnes after the laser on my chin as seen in the picture. Acually, it is not problematic. Normally it will be cleared in a week (without doing nothing). Now 5 days they are almost gone plus the pink on the face is less visible. Still, peeling though. :whistle:

Hi there,

i am doing Fraxel 2. Yes i am also pleased with the result though it was just my second.

After my first laser for a month, i could see some improvements on my scars, it has been getting smoother and soft.

Personally, Fraxel or any kind of laser treatments will provide different results depends on your skin conditions or how your skin react to the laser. For me, as stated ealier i am satisfied with the fraxel2. Moreover, i have gained more confidence back. That's what i want.

By the way, how was your setting ? mine seemed higher lol and now i am light pink and peeling. My derm suggests me to go for 4 treatments. Honestly, after this i think i will stop thinking about laser and just use some creams or vitamins instead of spending money.

Be positive and i am ... Onething i have kept in my mind all time is DONOT EXPECT 100% result, it is impossible. maybe 99-perhaps ? HAHAHAHAHA. It is spring now. It is time to wear heavy sunblock :dance:

Cheers,

Bond

Hi there,

Cheers,

Bond

Congratulations Sandayg1 i think Fraxel is working pretty good for us both. I noticed that the level your derm set was always 6. Mine was 7 and 11 ... that's why i said it was a bit high. I dont know much abot MJ what i know is how deep the laser will penetrate from the top layer to inner. next time i will ask my derm why they set a low(?) MJ in my case. Untill now i am still very very light pink as you said i am darker than you so they might be afraid of me getting too red :drool:

Well, it is really sunny today and yes i have to wear sunscreen.

Keep us post Sandayg1 i think it will be really wonderful for the others to witness your success !

Cheers

Hi all,

It is day 10 after the second Fraxel. i am still peeling and light pink. The result so far is good.. I hope the nasty scars will be reduced after the last laser..Well, spring is coming think i need to buy a cap to protect the direct sunlight lol

Will update a new pic soon

I want to do fraxel so bad but I'm afraid it'll cause hyperpigmentation. I'm middle-eastern, and I have very slight hyperpigmentation marks from acne I had almost 3 YEARS AGO! So I don't know what to do, Bond 69.

I want to do fraxel so bad but I'm afraid it'll cause hyperpigmentation. I'm middle-eastern, and I have very slight hyperpigmentation marks from acne I had almost 3 YEARS AGO! So I don't know what to do, Bond 69.

Naitch, I really think you will be OK. Go to a doctor who has worked on people with your same skin color (very important). Ask for pictures. Also let them know your concern.

They probably won't start out too aggresive and will go higher each time. I bet that the dark spots you have will go away with the fraxel.

You really need to make sure they are using Fraxel 2 since they can adjust the settings. The nurse told me that with the Fraxel 2 they haven't had andy pigmentation problems becuase of the adjustment of settings. I was also using a bleaching cream a few days before and after. I was terrified of pigmentation problems and so far so good. I also make sure that I use sun screen if I'm going out in the sun and I wear a hat with a brim.

Hi there,

Cheers,

Bond

My settings were a little higher than yours. Your skin color is darker than mine so that might be the reason they are a bit more conservative. I just completed my fourth treatment and I'm guessing that I have at least a 70% improvement. I'm really shocked, most of my ice pick scars are completely gone! What's left is the shallow scarring, 2 box scars, and a scar where I had a mole removed, but even these have improved. I'm going to post pics in about 2 weeks, I want to make sure there is not micro swelling so that I don't mislead anyone. Even people that I haven't seen recently have noticed an improvement in my face! :D

The thing that I find difficult is like you said, staying out of the sun. I've been wearing this funny looking hat, but it does the job. I'm also using sun screen.

Here are my settings:

1st treatment

40 mj

level 5

8 passes

2nd treatment

45 mj

level 5

8 passes

3rd treatment

level 6

10 passes, cheeks, and chin

4th treatment

level 6

10 passes on right cheek

12 passes on chin and left cheek

Congratulations Sandayg1 i think Fraxel is working pretty good for us both. I noticed that the level your derm set was always 6. Mine was 7 and 11 ... that's why i said it was a bit high. I dont know much abot MJ what i know is how deep the laser will penetrate from the top layer to inner. next time i will ask my derm why they set a low(?) MJ in my case. Untill now i am still very very light pink as you said i am darker than you so they might be afraid of me getting too red :drool:

Well, it is really sunny today and yes i have to wear sunscreen.

Keep us post Sandayg1 i think it will be really wonderful for the others to witness your success !

Cheers

Thanks Blankdisc, i will definitely ask my derm to increase the settings or at least ask if it is better to set it higher :) Well, after the second, i see a great improvement on my right cheeks, almost scars are gone. It is now almost two weeks and swelling is also gone. The scars on the left cheek are still visible but it is A LOT BETTER. Two more treatments left ! Cheers

To me, after my 1st fraxel the scars on my face appeared pretty good from weeks 0-2... then on the 3rd and 4th weeks the swelling really subsided and my normal scarring started appearing again :(

It's the best feeling in the world after the redness/flaking/dryness goes away and you're left with great skin for a few days! :D

To me, after my 1st fraxel the scars on my face appeared pretty good from weeks 0-2... then on the 3rd and 4th weeks the swelling really subsided and my normal scarring started appearing again :(

It's the best feeling in the world after the redness/flaking/dryness goes away and you're left with great skin for a few days! :D

Here are the pic of me today. I took in the toilet and the light might help to smoothen my face..honestly after the last fraxel until today( almost 5 months), I am satisfied with the result although my major scars arenot eliminated but it is shallower. Under some lightings I still see the scars clearly but it doesnot bother me as before,

However, my face is still oily and now i am using AHA 15% + ratin a then the nanocollagen before bed. In the morning, just a sunscreen ( i dont think i need that it is autumn in Sweden and yeah it is dark and gloomy==i like it for some reasons)

I think now i will stop investing on getting rid those scars and will just stick with the method I am using now.. Enjoy the life and finish my study rather than getting depressed and worried about how I look like..:)

thanks for all couragments

post-7310-1224182465_thumb.jpg

post-7310-1224182488_thumb.jpg

post-7310-1224182465_thumb.jpg

post-7310-1224182488_thumb.jpg