Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

I just did sciton profractional laser today.

I have some moderate scarring and im going for a 5 session treatments 1 month apart. Will update my opinions on how effective is it for acne scars, scarred/open pores and wrinkles soon.

Its been the first day and im currently pleased with the results, the treatment was almost painless too with a mild zapping sensation.

Its been the first day and im currently pleased with the results, the treatment was almost painless too with a mild zapping sensation.

ok i think i was happy too quickly, it look really nice after the treatment( could be the redness and the swelling ), the next day i woke up, my scars look like they havent improve at all. That said, its only the 2nd day. Im very dissapointed, anyone had such an experience?

ok i think i was happy too quickly, it look really nice after the treatment( could be the redness and the swelling ), the next day i woke up, my scars look like they havent improve at all. That said, its only the 2nd day. Im very dissapointed, anyone had such an experience?

Umm... for as much as I've seen you around this forum, I thought you would of known that the results of fractional lasers are not overnight :confused:

Keep slapping on the Vitamin C and Vitamin A topicals, eating healthy, getting tons of sleep, and hopefully you'll see some good improvements in a couple months!

Umm... for as much as I've seen you around this forum, I thought you would of known that the results of fractional lasers are not overnight :confused:

Keep slapping on the Vitamin C and Vitamin A topicals, eating healthy, getting tons of sleep, and hopefully you'll see some good improvements in a couple months!

hey tgan, so how did your first session go?

Ive did it twice, overall what you will experience is a smoother complexion, and the scars become less obvious. Though my deep scars are still there, dont expect any dramatic levelling...

hey tgan, so how did your first session go?

Ive did it twice, overall what you will experience is a smoother complexion, and the scars become less obvious. Though my deep scars are still there, dont expect any dramatic levelling...

erm kerodesu, i know it takes time for the collagen to remodel itself, takes why i said its only the 2nd day and i should wait for the results. What i got immediately after the treatment, the redness and swelling makes my face look nice, thus when i woke up the next day, i was quite shocked that the scars became prominent again...

Also though, the laser makes my skin texture a little sandy, and i started to have some little small white dots( they dont really pose a problem though ), but im curious on what actually causes this phenomenon.

The white dots are apparently the marks left from the laser penetrating the skin

Friday, I went in for 4 subcisions and 3 dermal grafts. I asked about 4 "ice picks". Dr. said they were psuedo ice picks because they were so small - really just scarred pores. Too small for excision and too small for grafts or subscision. Previsouly, I had tried puch elevatsion, with a 1 mm pucnh which made them worse, and subcsison that did nothing for them. Anyway, he suggested a test patch using profractional at 250 microns.

Right now, it looks way worse. Patch is maybe 1 inch sqaure, red and raised,swollen. To me, the swelling makes scars look wider. I see the white dots.

Anyway, I am concerned that I will regret this test patch. He thought the redness would disapppear in a few days. But I am dubious.

Dr. siad he would not do a full face on me because I only have a few patches of scars. I have been happy with the subscisions for the most part, but I am concered about whether this test is going to look ok in the near term. Any ideas based on your own experience?

I have 2 small boxcar/rolling scars on my nose (that were given to me by a chiropractor using a laser for rosacea). I have done 2 profractional treatments so far (I'm not sure of the parameters, but I would estimate 200 and 300-400 microns for each session). I will let everyone know the outcome in a few weeks. In terms of downtime, they tell you you'll be red for 3 days which is a big lie. You'll be red for 7-10 days, pinkish for another 7 days, and then gradual fading to normal color will take place over 7-14 more days. In my opinion, the total downtime in terms of return to baseline color is 4 weeks. I am 2 weeks after my last session, and still noticeably off color.

I wouldn't worry about the test patch, it will only look better, but it will take 4 weeks to have absolutely no redness. Hope this helps you and anyone wondering about true downtime from this procedure.

Measured my patch it is 1/2 by 1/2 inch. Yes, this will be redder, longer than expected. Timig is bad workwise, but Dr. assured me that I would look normal in 3 days. Did you peel? Did you swell and have scars appear largerat first? After 4 weeks, was theri much improvement?

Thanks for you help.

I have 2 small boxcar/rolling scars on my nose (that were given to me by a chiropractor using a laser for rosacea). I have done 2 profractional treatments so far (I'm not sure of the parameters, but I would estimate 200 and 300-400 microns for each session). I will let everyone know the outcome in a few weeks. In terms of downtime, they tell you you'll be red for 3 days which is a big lie. You'll be red for 7-10 days, pinkish for another 7 days, and then gradual fading to normal color will take place over 7-14 more days. In my opinion, the total downtime in terms of return to baseline color is 4 weeks. I am 2 weeks after my last session, and still noticeably off color.

I wouldn't worry about the test patch, it will only look better, but it will take 4 weeks to have absolutely no redness. Hope this helps you and anyone wondering about true downtime from this procedure.

I had swelling for 3-4 days at least. I used the aquaphore afterwards for 3-4 days, but since I use a moisturizer sunblock everyday, I didn't peel much. My patches were about a little bigger than yours as the dr goes beyond the scars to get a blend. I too worried about being seen at work, but its just a price you have to pay. Just make up a story or tell the truth, and people don't really care. Because I already had redness above one of my scars, that area actually stayed red, but the other areas faded nicely. As I had said before, I will wait a few more weeks before giving my opinion on effectiveness of profractional. You won't notice any significant improvement after 1 session.

billyboy, How much for the dermal grafts?

Jan31

Friday, I went in for 4 subcisions and 3 dermal grafts. I asked about 4 "ice picks". Dr. said they were psuedo ice picks because they were so small - really just scarred pores. Too small for excision and too small for grafts or subscision. Previsouly, I had tried puch elevatsion, with a 1 mm pucnh which made them worse, and subcsison that did nothing for them. Anyway, he suggested a test patch using profractional at 250 microns.

Right now, it looks way worse. Patch is maybe 1 inch sqaure, red and raised,swollen. To me, the swelling makes scars look wider. I see the white dots.

Anyway, I am concerned that I will regret this test patch. He thought the redness would disapppear in a few days. But I am dubious.

Dr. siad he would not do a full face on me because I only have a few patches of scars. I have been happy with the subscisions for the most part, but I am concered about whether this test is going to look ok in the near term. Any ideas based on your own experience?

I'd like to revamp my last posting and let everyon know that I am now 5 weeks out from profractional, and still redish/pinkish. The true downtime may even be closer to 2-3 months (for full return to normal). The lies the doctors and sales rep tell. I wish there could be more accountability.

In terms of results after 2 treatments, it does appear that my scars are somewhat more shallow, but I again have difficulty noticeing the true improvement given all the discoloration.

Has anyone else had a long downtime (return to absolute baseline color) or is it just me?

I am out almost 3 weeks and it is still slighlty pink. Not bad though. Don't notice much change in scars.

I'd like to revamp my last posting and let everyon know that I am now 5 weeks out from profractional, and still redish/pinkish. The true downtime may even be closer to 2-3 months (for full return to normal). The lies the doctors and sales rep tell. I wish there could be more accountability.

In terms of results after 2 treatments, it does appear that my scars are somewhat more shallow, but I again have difficulty noticeing the true improvement given all the discoloration.

Has anyone else had a long downtime (return to absolute baseline color) or is it just me?

Wow. Yeah I agree with you. All I want is a straight answer. I would be a lot happier getting a straight answer than going through all this crap and taking time off work/life and lying to everyone I know just so I don't have to explain why I look like a monster for a week. Its ridiculous. I have a feeling that profractional doesnt have to take 3-5 sessions and could be a lot more effective once or twice if they actually did it properly and didn't take your $ so you can do it 3times. alright I'm ranting and I dont think all these doctors are just trying to screw us but honestly, everyone seems to say the same thing, had 1 or 2 and still minimal progress, we've all been through the acne, not how about some RELIEF!!!

Good luck to everyone anyway, I just had my first profractional yesterday, i'll keep posted

I am getting my first profractional treatment next week and my derm plans on going pretty deep with mine due to my skin type but I will find out next week how deep they are going to go. I will be doing a series of 8-10 treatments spaced four weeks apart and I know some people might hate what I say next but mine is going to be practically free.

I hope this works and good luck to everyone!

Billy Boy,

You mentioned you had dermal grafts were they injected or was it a piece of fat with skin. Did they have to suture the graft in place. I had one done several years ago and wanted to know if it was the same procedure.

Thanks