Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jorgea

I need people to guide me on my scar treatment

Hey guys. I am a 20 yr old male with pretty shallow scars on my cheeks, and a few tiny icepicks. I am thinking that my scarring may be treatable without going to see a doc, but boy am I weird about all the stuff that is out there. I am reeeaalllly new to this scene.

Currently I take omega 3, some vitamin C, and a multivitamin. I am looking into doing a retinoid-a and some super cop x2 CP. But the problem is, I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER how to use these products, or if they even work.

So I was wondering if my scarring is even treatable in the first place, if the super cop x2 is safe, and if the peeling is safe. Where can I even get this stuff? What strategy should I use?

PLEASE HELP ME on this, because I don't have enough money to go see a doc, and I would really like someone to help me out, and maybe even talk to me over the phone to explain stuff to me. I am just concerned about all of this, am not too knowledgeable, and am really needing some advice.

Thanks for your help guys

Hello there. Retin-a does work on acne scars. The only thing is that it takes a while for it to work, at first your skin and scars will appear worse than before and you will peel a lot and dry a lot. But be patient as it does work, you just have to be consistent with it and in a few months you should start seeing results. It also works on existing acne. However, you have to go to a doctor to get a prescription for it. And remember it doesn't necessarily heal your acne scars (ice pick) but it will improve it.

I personally don't trust super cop at all. I ordered some on the internet a few months back and only two uses and I immediately broke out into hives. I mean tiny, red, itchy bumps on both cheeks. So I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody.

I don't like peels that much especially the ones that are really strong and make your skin peel like crazy you don't wanna do anything but hide. Strong peels really help with scars because they burn layers of your skin revealing new skin underneath after all the burnt skin comes off. I do like pumpkin peel though because it's not very strong and doesn't make my skin peel like crazy. You can go to an esthetician at a spa or salon for these.

Okay best of luck to you and hope that you find the best treatment!

hell yeah, one response already. So how does retin-a even work? And are you sure about the Super Cop? Breaking out is no longer a problem to me, and if it really is good for healing I'd possibly try it out. Do I need to do something to to get the skin healing again (like people dong the dermarolls - I don't think I'd try that method specifically, but something that is not as scary)?

Also, how is retin-a and super cop even used? Are there some serious things I need to be careful of?

Thanks again, your comment is much appreciated.

Retin-a makes your skin peel thus promoting a cell turnover. Your marks will appear lighter and pits appear shallower as it tends to plump them up (that's the result I get from it). Other products should not be used with retin-a and sunscreen is a must when using this product.

Yah I'm sure about the super cop, you can try it if you want. I believe I've formed an allergic reaction from it. They're also too pricy for small little bottles. I'm not quite sure but I think I spent about forty something dollars for two one ounce bottles. From what I've read on their website, it's supposed to be used with a hydroxy acid in the daytime which is supposed to melt down the scar tissue then at night time use the super cop serum which in consistent usage overtime makes the dent pull itself up.

Dermaroller just sounds too scary for me. Lol, it really does.

if I were to use retin-a with super cop would that kick some serious ass?

EDIT: is the TCA cross safe? How does it even work?

Actually I don't think you can use the two together so I don't think they would kick some serious ass at all lol. I'm not very familiar about the TCA cross thing, some people on this site buy them and do the procedure on their own in their homes and claim that it is very safe but I'm a very paranoid person so I wouldn't do that. I'd personally go to a professional to have it done.