Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my acne is not that bad.. it's noticeable though. It's definitely stands out from all my clear-skinned friends. I remember reading this article saying how acne sufferers are healthier than people without acne. It said something like your skin shows how healthy your body is and if you have acne, it shows that your body isn't at its optimum level. Therefore, be thankful for acne because its telling you something is wrong rather than hiding it.

At first I was like "what the hell?" but afterwards I thought "u know what? that may be right."

I know friends that eat horribly but don't break out. Think of how bad their body is in comparison with mines. I don't eat junk food. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. I rather have inner health than outer health. That is the reason why I refused to go on accutane.

Anyway...after reading that article I felt better about my acne. Sure it hasn't completely gone away but at least I know my body is telling me something is wrong unlike the bodies of my clear-skinned junk eating friends .

I'm trying to eat more fruits and it's been working.

If acne is telling a person there is something wrong with their body, why don't your junk-eating friends have any acne? I don't mean to rain on your parade but something doesn't exactly add up.

If acne is telling a person there is something wrong with their body, why don't your junk-eating friends have any acne? I don't mean to rain on your parade but something doesn't exactly add up.

I assume it's because their system is more efficient than ours, so even if they did eat junk food and rub dog shit on their face, their body would react normally; whereas ours would cock up.

If that makes no sense then please excuse me, i have a terrible hangover.

If you say that acne conveys how well your body is working, and you eat healthily, doesn't that imply that your body is working at optimum level due to your diet but your skin isn't clean? or that your something else isn't right? as acne is a result of many different factors..

Jaffa thought acne was a sign our body is working fine with dealing with the p.acne bacteria...Jaffa doesnt actually think the bacteria has anything to do with visible acne though..there is something else...just dont know what. :ninja:

If acne is a "blessing" then whoever is blessing me can keep their blesses to themselves!

I would rather be normal and die at a young age while doing stupid things, rather then living to be 80 and dieing of natural causes.

Acne is not a blessing.... acne is a curse.

I don't understand why people keep saying that. That's like saying "If peanuts cause hives in some people, why don't peanuts cause hives in every one." Because we are all different. We react differently. What might be someone's acne could easily be someone's cancer, or other disease.

@emerald, You are on the right track! Keep taking care of yourself :)

acne is like a disease that enjoys showing off. it's like holding a sign to your face and saying to the world "hey everyone look what's wrong with me, i have acne". you wouldn't be able to tell if someone had diabetes, aids, or any other type of diseases. not saying that acne is worse because it's not life threatening, but it's something that likes to show itself off and eat away ur face! ><

I thought blessing is supposed to be a good thing. If acne is a blessing, what a painful and ugly blessing this is haha.

acne is sort of a blessing to me... it lead me to another wonderful blessing :wub:

funny, i had the same experience, acne is great :D

Hmm... acne is what alerted me to the fact that I have PCOS, and possibly early-stage diabetes, so I guess in that way it's a good thing. If those things would have gone untreated, they could have become worse over time.

That said, thanks a lot acne, you've done your job, now kindly get the hell off my face. :wacko:

Acne tells you something is wrong with the skin on your face, check or back, or wherever you get it. Since we don't know what to exactly do about the acne problem, we try to kill a bee with a nuclear bomb.

Acne is not a blessing, it certainly could be just like anything else thats not supposed to be a blessing which could be taken a blessing, but then you could also say everything thats not supposed to be a blessing could be if you wanted it too to be a blessing which is the same as nothing is a blessing unless its initially considered a blessing and acne is not considered a blessing in the first place.

theory-busted. <!--please edit your original post to include a <thread> before you data.-->

</thread>

We may get a highly embarassing and non-life threatening disease during our most socially anxious years but some of our perfect friends might die of cancer when they are older while we live healthy lives due to our healthy lifestyle's which we have developed from the curse of acne in the first place.

or we may be hit by a bus tomorrow.

you can't say that we're going to live longer because we strive for a healthier lifestyle.

health nuts die of unexpected causes all the time.

when the forces that be decide its you're time to go, they'll take you, regardless of how many vitamins you ate.

I think we are increasing our natural life expectancy by adopting the healthy lifestyles used to prevent acne. Freak accidents don't come into this.

my gf's mother has been doing nothing but drink, smoke, and take fist-fulls of pills for the last 35 years. and yet the doctors can't find a damn thing wrong with her. so barring any freak accidents, she will continue to call at all hours of the night, leaving crazy drunken messages on our machine, and threatening to move in with us for god knows how long.

I wouldnt call it a blessing because thats making it appear as something remotely positive which its not. At all.

but.... every cloud has a silver lining and you do learn from experiences and what life throws at you!

If that makes no sense then please excuse me, i have a terrible hangover.

wino. :lol:

Acne is a skin condition,plus jaffa has alot more insight into the condition and its effects on people.Jaffa has learned alot from acne,and the day you stop learning is the day you stop living.So Jaffa wouldnt have it any other way. :ninja: