Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emerald

try drink homemade smoothies to help acne!!

Hi everyone, I've been drinking smoothies almost everyday for the past two weeks. It has really helped clear my skin (at least 50-60% gone right now). All I do is combine soymilk (vitasoy or ricedream), ice, and fresh cut up fruits in a blender. Experiment with different fruits and try to add 3-4 different kinds of fruit. I also try to add ground flaxseed because it's healthy (about 1-2 tablespoons) and you can't taste it since it's ground up. The fruits I used today was 1 peeled orange, a slice of cut up seedless watermelon, and a banana. I add honey, cinnamon, and a little vanilla extract to all my smoothies. I add enough ice to replicate a jamba juice smoothie as much as I can. I want to add that I don't use milk because I think it aggravates my acne and I prefer the taste of soymilk over regular milk. It has a much cleaner taste when making smoothies. A local smoothie shop I know uses the costco kirkland brand of "organic soymilk" when making their smoothies.

I decided to drink smoothies after I realized I didn't eat as much fruits as I wanted to and it was hard for me to eat fruits. Now it's no problem for me to eat three different fruits + soy milk + ice since it's in a 32 oz smoothie! I drink it when I'm watching tv. It's been really helpful for me.

I've also been taking one capsule of flaxseed oil a day. I take it with my smoothie. Its a 100mg soft-gel capsule. I buy the Longs Drug brand called "Longs Wellness" which cost me about $5.99 for 60 capsules. I started taking flaxseed since I have constipation problems and I read it helps skin health. Well... it's been working well lol.

I've stopped going to a derm 2 years ago because the only option I had left was accutane which I refused to go on. Right now I've been using ivory soap + salux (japanese body cloth that can be found in a drug store for about $3) and it has been working wonders! The bacne I've had for years has finally cleared up and my face is slowly clearing up.

I hope my regime can help others. The smoothies take me less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish (wash fruits, cut up, put in blender with soy milk + flaxseed, add ice to get right consistency, and pour into a cup). I usually make it when commercials come on tv.