Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

The "I havent had hairloss thread"

That 90 page thread on hairloss that I keep seeing has been making me paranoid even though I have been on two courses, am currently microdosing and can run my hand through my hair in a yanking fashion without more than one stray hair coming out. I am worried, because I am genetically predisposed to baldness with my moms father being a bald ass mofo. So just to gain some perspective and hopefully some peace of mind I would appreciate if those of you who have maintained your flowing locks could chime in, because I am very grateful for what Accutane has given me and I wouldn't want anybody to have to miss out on that over (what I hope is) a great statistical improbability.

That 90 page thread on hairloss that I keep seeing has been making me paranoid even though I have been on two courses, am currently microdosing and can run my hand through my hair in a yanking fashion without more than one stray hair coming out. I am worried, because I am genetically predisposed to baldness with my moms father being a bald ass mofo. So just to gain some perspective and hopefully some peace of mind I would appreciate if those of you who have maintained your flowing locks could chime in, because I am very grateful for what Accutane has given me and I wouldn't want anybody to have to miss out on that over (what I hope is) a great statistical improbability.

am currently microdosing and can run my hand through my hair in a yanking fashion without more than one stray hair coming out.

I've been on Accutane for four months and am staring on my fifth. I can say that my hair is still here and have not shed at all. My family has no history of baldness so I'm not sure if hereditary baldness plays a role, but you might want to snoop around the forums or ask someone about it.

no hairloss....

then again I have a thick head of hair, and my moms dad had a thick head of hair when he died (sadly).

but nonetheless..I havent noticed any difference in hair loss.

My experience with accutane is very similar to yours andersoj. I was on it for two times and now I'm on a mini course.

In all of these 3 courses I experienced no hair loss at all.

It makes no different if you have hairloss in the family or not. Tane hairloss is not related to Male pattern baldness and genetic hairloss.

Just thought i would let you know as you seem to be worrying as you have hairloss in the family!

Well it's two years since the end of my 6 month course of accutane and my hair is pretty much the same as it was before accurtane. I have noticed it is a little drier than it used to be but if I run my hand through my hair I usually only have maybe one strand if any come out so I guess ( and hope) there are no problems.

Something you should try is using Rogaine. Rogaine is not a hairloss cure meaning, if you are already bald it will not grow back new flowing locks. However, it does help in slowing down the process if you are going bald or think you are predisposed to it.