Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I was wondering if stevia is good or bad with regards to testosterone>dht conversion, etc. etc.

I do know that it raises your insulin level, which keeps your blood sugar down.

What contributes to the conversion of testosterone to dht? is it the insulin level? Or is it the blood sugar?

Thanks.

I don't think stevia, insulin, or blood sugar has much to do with the conversion of testosterone to DHT; however, insulin resistance causes low blood levels of SHBG, which means there will be more testosterone and DHT, and estrogen for that matter.

I've always heard that stevia, if anything, increases glucose tolerance and lessens insulin resistance.

Hey, thanks that was helpful.

Well stevia does increase insulin sensitivity, but it also causes your body to produce more insulin.

So I was wondering if high levels of insulin are bad. (I know that insulin RESISTANCE is bad, but what about the hormone itself? How does it function with respect to other hormones?)

Hey, thanks that was helpful.

Well stevia does increase insulin sensitivity, but it also causes your body to produce more insulin.

So I was wondering if high levels of insulin are bad. (I know that insulin RESISTANCE is bad, but what about the hormone itself? How does it function with respect to other hormones?)

If your insulin sensitivity improves, then you'll actually produce less insulin, because less insulin is needed to get the same job done. This is very beneficial.

Excessive insulin increases androgens, and lowers sex hormone binding gobulin (SHBG).

Well stevia, though it lowers resistance to insulin, DOES cause your body to produce more insulin. (regardless of sensitivity). So I guess that's bad =(