Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john35

Just started Accutane..some quick questions!!!

I'm 17. So after using Proactiv and all, I went to a dermatologist and after juggling around I ended up with Clindamycin and BP Pads in the morning, Differin 0.3 at night, and 2 Doxycycline a day.

Slowed things down for a little bit, but over the past month it stopped I've broke out like crazy. And it's always along my cheecks/jawline. I never get acne on my forehead.

So I went to the doctor and finally got prescribed accutane!!!! Thank god. A bit worried about the side effects, but the blood tests are what I fear the most!! Had my first yesterday and didn't enjoy it much at all.

So anyway, for my questions...

All I seriously do is take the two 30 mg pills a day??? I'm so used to using this topical in the morning, this topical at night, etc., it seems so simple to just take two pills. My doctor didn't tell me what to do as far as whether or not I stop using my old products. Should I continue using the Clindamycin and Differin??? I was told by the pharmacist DO NOT take the doxycycline anymore...would of been nice if my dermatologist could have told me that. He's a bit of a looney.

So yeah, I'm just wondering what products people used while on Accutane if any?? I'm prepared for the inital break out, but does it help to use topicals to get through it such as BP??? If I get a zit, is it still ok to apply a little bit of BP on that area?? Should I stop using the Clindamycin/BP Pad/Differin that I used to be on???

I'll keep you updated on how it works. I said that last time in my thread a month or two ago about the Clindamycin/Differin regimen, and it didn't work! lol...anyways...Just took my first pill about an hour ago. Wish me luck and please give any advice you can on what else your allowed to apply on Accutane! I'm kind of afraid to mess with this pill by applying anything, lol.

ETA: one more thing. what do you do as far as washing your face?? Every day when I come home from school, I use a Neutrogena Acne face wash. But considering how dry Accutane is supposed to make your face, should I not be washing it as much??? The thought of just waking up, taking a pill, coming home, taking a pill at night and being done with the regimen seems like my face would explode with acne. lol.

So after using Proactiv and all, I went to a dermatologist and after juggling around I ended up with Clindamycin and BP Pads in the morning, Differin 0.3 at night, and 2 Doxycycline a day.

Slowed things down for a little bit, but over the past month it stopped I've broke out like crazy. And it's always along my cheecks/jawline. I never get acne on my forehead.

So I went to the doctor and finally got prescribed accutane!!!! Thank god. A bit worried about the side effects, but the blood tests are what I fear the most!! Had my first yesterday and didn't enjoy it much at all.

So anyway, for my questions...

All I seriously do is take the two 30 mg pills a day??? I'm so used to using this topical in the morning, this topical at night, etc., it seems so simple to just take two pills. My doctor didn't tell me what to do as far as whether or not I stop using my old products. Should I continue using the Clindamycin and Differin??? I was told by the pharmacist DO NOT take the doxycycline anymore...would of been nice if my dermatologist could have told me that. He's a bit of a looney.

So yeah, I'm just wondering what products people used while on Accutane if any?? I'm prepared for the inital break out, but does it help to use topicals to get through it such as BP??? If I get a zit, is it still ok to apply a little bit of BP on that area?? Should I stop using the Clindamycin/BP Pad/Differin that I used to be on???

I'll keep you updated on how it works. I said that last time in my thread a month or two ago about the Clindamycin/Differin regimen, and it didn't work! lol...anyways...Just took my first pill about an hour ago. Wish me luck and please give any advice you can on what else your allowed to apply on Accutane! I'm kind of afraid to mess with this pill by applying anything, lol.

Hey dude, goodluck on Accutane! I just started a week ago. At first, I was like, "yeah, this stuff prolly ain't gonna work, I don't feel nothin!" but then 3 days later, I started seeing the side effects. More importantly, my face right now is EXTREMELY red and dry. I feel like ripping my face off, and it's only been day 8. Just prepare yourself for the worse..Make sure you use plenty of cetaphil CREAM ( they say thats pretty moistorizing) and use aquaphor for your lips and face. If you're accutane, stop all TOPICALS and use a very simple cleanser. But expect to moistorize your face 4-5x daily. (atleast for me)