Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went all wacko and bought four new pair of shoes this week (all in all to make me feel better). Two of them are SOO SOO SOO CUTE (heels)!! I am ready for spring and my spring dresses...but these heels are not doing my feet any justice. I wore my first pair.and what happened is ...it started to rub on my toesies..and my SKIN started to peel!!!! OMG IT HURT SO BAD...I AM STICKING w/ my chucks for a while.

---envision taking a shower...and the nice warm water hitting your back..and suddenly this horrific burning pain..starts attacking your feet.........ughhhhhhhh it happened this morning..tear.

--- Do you guys have an tips and tricks on how to wear heels? I mean i've seen girls walts around my campus w/ heels on and they seem to walk like they were wearing tennis shoes.

--- Do you ever get immune to the pain of heels? will it go away if you wear them long enough??

--- hahah does a bandaid help?

---I have like 20+ pairs of heels..and i only wear them once cuz i give in to the pain..but i really really want to wear them.....sigh** TIPSS???

---anything to heel my peeling toesies???

--- your experience w/ heels...

Woah, something must've been wrong with the heels if they did that to you,

I've never had that, I wear my heels all the time, I love 'em :wub:

Did every pair do that? 'Cause if it was just the one maybe something was wrong

with it, try some other ones for now.

This can happen with almost any shoe, especially if they're made of a non-bending material, something that is rigid and doesn't move well with your foot.

This is what I recommend:

Wear them around the house when you're home, but wear them with SOCKS. It will protect your feet and "break them in," allowing them to mold to your foot. A week or so of this should make it okay to wear them.

i don't care what anyone says, heels hurt after wearing them for awhile. the trick is to buy the right size, and make sure they fit your arch well. they should feel good when you try them on in the store, and you should be able to walk around comfortably. if you can feel any sort of rubbing, it will only get worse the longer you wear them. they also make dr scholls inserts for heels to help cushion a bit. maybe that will help you.

i'm so used to wearing heels, i wear heels everywhere and theyre sooo comfortable... i actually don't feel comfortable in running shoes, my heel starts to hurt isnt that weird. id suggest gettin mid heel thats what i wear daily.

i love heels. i wear them all the time. if this is your first time wearing the heels, it could be the way you're walking in them that's causing the friction which in turn causes the blister to form. you should be stepping with your heel first and then ball of your foot last; but if you're walking awkward at all, for instance, stepping on the ball of your foot first, can be a possible reason why this is happening. isee this all the time when women are not used to wearing heels or the actual heel is too high for them.

the only pain i ever feel is plain old foot fatigue.

so to answer your questions:

Do you ever get immune to the pain of heels? will it go away if you wear them long enough?? - eventually, once you master how to walk in them, the pain subsides because the pressure on the foot is fairly even.

hahah does a bandaid help? - for the sake of preventing blisters, they do have a product avalable. actually, monistat anti-chafing gel actually puts a layer of protection to help prevent the blisters. if you have one now, you can get any one of these Band-Aid blister products. I've used the actual blister bandages for a blister i got from running and they work well.

tips - make sure the heels are a good fit. always try on shoes in the afternoon, when your feet are a bit swollen. make sure the height of the heel is comfortable for you. if you feel you can't balance yourself when you're walking in them, they're too high. not that you can't ever wear them, but you will have to practice. and be realistic as to the heel height that works for you. yes, 4" stillettos are hot, but not everyone can wear them. the heel height might be the cause of your pain too.

I wear a size 6 and every single pair i own does this to my footsies..I tried the dr.scholls thing......and it still hurt..

I have bony feet too..haha could that be the case???

the blisters are only from certain designs ... all open toed heels give me blisters...

--about the walking w/ the heels first..well i might have to give that a try...for some reason i make REALLY REALLY LOAD clunking noises when i walk..I might have to walk different....we'll see....

but they do fit me correctly....ARGH.....!!! I REALLY WANT TO WEAR THEM..tear**

i don't know what to tell you. a lot of my shoes hurt my feet too, even flats, but i just tolerate the pain......

edit: if they're fitting you correctly, they shouldn't be peeling your skin. i know you own a lot of heels, but if you want to wear heels, it's really important that you find a proper fit. sometimes that means spending more money, sometimes that means forsaking fashion for comfort. (i will say though that spending more money does not always equate to more comfort.) anyway, you're just going to have to search and be choosey.

HmMmM i have a few pair of expensive shoes..and i made dang sure they fit..and they still peel my skin? is it because i have sensitive footies to begin w/? HmMm i should just give up...

This can happen with almost any shoe, especially if they're made of a non-bending material, something that is rigid and doesn't move well with your foot.

This is what I recommend:

Wear them around the house when you're home, but wear them with SOCKS. It will protect your feet and "break them in," allowing them to mold to your foot. A week or so of this should make it okay to wear them.

i'm so used to wearing heels, i wear heels everywhere and theyre sooo comfortable... i actually don't feel comfortable in running shoes, my heel starts to hurt isnt that weird.

Hmm I also have this problem because i have broad feet especially at the front and lots of heels are not wide enough for my feet and my first and last toe always suffer from blisters and peely skin as friction rubs against them. I think I complaint before some time ago on this forum also. I went to this shop known as Arch Angel where they sell these little sponge like things call rubberised top caps which can be worn over toes to prevent friction and boy they are good! Never had any problem with blisters or peely skin and of course pain. I'm not sure whether that shop is available in the states. I also buy gel cushions and arch support to cushion my feet. I have lots of heels though because I like the sound of heels but I also do alternate with flats because wearing heels everyday doesn't seem to be good on your feet.

I went all wacko and bought four new pair of shoes this week (all in all to make me feel better). Two of them are SOO SOO SOO CUTE (heels)!! I am ready for spring and my spring dresses...but these heels are not doing my feet any justice. I wore my first pair.and what happened is ...it started to rub on my toesies..and my SKIN started to peel!!!! OMG IT HURT SO BAD...I AM STICKING w/ my chucks for a while.

---envision taking a shower...and the nice warm water hitting your back..and suddenly this horrific burning pain..starts attacking your feet.........ughhhhhhhh it happened this morning..tear.

--- Do you guys have an tips and tricks on how to wear heels? I mean i've seen girls walts around my campus w/ heels on and they seem to walk like they were wearing tennis shoes.

--- Do you ever get immune to the pain of heels? will it go away if you wear them long enough??

--- hahah does a bandaid help?

---I have like 20+ pairs of heels..and i only wear them once cuz i give in to the pain..but i really really want to wear them.....sigh** TIPSS???

---anything to heel my peeling toesies???

--- your experience w/ heels...

You should try to get heel in heights that don't push your weight forward onto the balls of your feet deforming your toes. For me, that's 2" max. But there are so few of those to choose from that trying to find attractive ones that fit is nearly impossible. Most shoes are flat or foot mutilating high. And I've known many women who ruined their feet from years of wearing high stilettos and can now wear only flats.

And if the problem is friction, try monistat chafe relief gel or the products specifically made for feet. I have both because monistat is my primer, but the one meant for feet is in like a miniature deodorant applicator that's easily carried in my purse.

And do try walking heel first. That is after all, how humans walk. If shoes prevent you from doing so, you need to not wear those shoes.

BTW, in the summer, I can tell who wears high heels on a regular basis and who doesn't. Ladies who wear 3 inch heels or higher usually (not always) have the most disgusting and scary-looking feet. Think tons of blisters, calluses, bunions, hammer toes. *shivers*

i would never wear a shoe that slows me down. most of the time i prefer to wear no shoes at all :) but if you just gotta wear heels, i agree with alternativista: find a height that feels comfortable.

Bandaids help prevent blistering and peeling skin (sometimes I just used a piece of cloth medical tape and that works just fine to prevent any problems). A moisturized foot and a powdered foot (baby powder, whatever) also helps prevent chafing and rubbing or the friction that will cause a blister or peeling skin.

When you're in the store, wear BOTH shoes and walk around for several minutes. If you notice ANY red marks on your feet when you take the shoes off, do not buy the shoes. You may need to be fitted, you may not be wearing the correct size if ALL of your heels do that. OR, you may need to not ever wear any heels except for 1, or 2 inch at max. Higher than 3.5 inches is really silly in my opinion. All you're doing is killing your feet!

I just bought the cutest pair of work heels. (I actually got two pairs, just in different colors)

Since my heels are prone to splitting and bleeding, I'm being proactive and wearing butterfly bandages on the backs of my heels (which are already a little sore from breaking in other shoes)

Now that I've done that, these are the most comfortable heels ever!

Those are so cute, headtrip_honey. I heart Payless!

It's always a big difference if I'm wearing heels barefoot vs. hose. I can wear anything if I'm wearing nylons with no irritation at all. Barefoot means I usually have to break out band-aids midday.

It's always a big difference if I'm wearing heels barefoot vs. hose. I can wear anything if I'm wearing nylons with no irritation at all. Barefoot means I usually have to break out band-aids midday.

Too high for me. Have you seen these:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDeta...tiveColor=Black

I bought them a few weeks ago, but haven't worn them yet. Another thing Payless has is very inexpensive inserts for whole foot, ball of foot, heel, etc. They are like $1.99 which is how much tiny pieces of foam should cost. Unfortunately, they are in an old-lady, orthopedic tan color as most are. I don't know why these companies can't see that these things should be black.

There is a line called foot petals that are black and they also have strips for lining straps, but they are kind of expensive. Target has them.