Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ludacrisss

15 minute wait has been found helpfull

I noticed that the BP is much more effective, or my face clears in general better, if I have a good 15 minute wait between the BP and the AHA. Reasons for this are quite practical. I noticed on the BP boxes it said that "using this product directly after, or using another product right before this product, could increase the irritation factor." If I let the BP stay on my face for longer, itll give it some time to absorb just a bit better and lets my skin sort of recover from the minor irritation it has just went upon. Putting the AHA on right away just increases the irritation IMO and I found that giving your face some good time to recover has helped reduce irritation, thus clearing acne better.

On another note, I also noticed that the LESS time you give between the washing and BP the better, because it doesnt let your face get all that dry and tight. Letting your face get very dry by waiting 15 minutes will be enough time to get your oil glands to start pumping oil, sure once you apply the moisturizer theyll stop, but during your time dried out it could cause a breakout, you never know.

Hope this may help those of you who are having problems and think you are doing everything right, perhaps this might help you out.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I always waited about 15 minutes after bp to moisturize, but are you saying wait only 5 minutes after washing? or more like 2 minutes?

Yeah, I usually just wait 5 minutes max after washing to apply the bp. I just like the idea that my pores are still open to absorb more of the bp that way. Plus, I don't have the patiences for the 15 minutes between all steps thing. 8-[

As for moisturizing, my face doesn't get too dry, I usually just spot moisturize around my forehead and chin and that's usually enough.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I always waited about 15 minutes after bp to moisturize, but are you saying wait only 5 minutes after washing? or more like 2 minutes?