Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

OK - This is how you really get acne.

The "Bad Diet; Poor Digestion" should probably be linked to "Nutritional Deficiencies."

Otherwise, great flow chart. Did you make it?

It's pretty good. But I'd move pro-inflammatory diet so you could link it to refined carbs as well.

And other foods are inflammatory as well.

And according to Perricone, inflammation makes cells inside pores not exfoliate properly and cause clogged pores.

Yeah, I made this. Gonna write a big long page out of it explaining all the variables. Wanted to see if I got most of it now.

I didnt link nutritional deficiencies to anything, because its relateed with alot of variables, that would get complicated.

Pro-inflammatory diet includes refined sugar.

If you wanted to avoid all those things you would have to live on a mountain far from civilization....

The chart is lovely....... ^_^

If you wanted to avoid all those things you would have to live on a mountain far from civilization....

Ya, thats what it looks like, but I think that when you fix the most important factors (gut dysbiosis, cell resistance and an overloaded liver), you build in a buffer and you're body will be able to handle more stressors without breaking out.

A factor I left out in the chart is that people with acne have genetically oversensitive hormone receptors. I think this is what seperates us from people who eat like crap etc and dont break out. But I didnt know a good place on the chart for that..

I dont believe that our livers have less capacity or something than other people. But our livers are defenitely overloaded, thats why some people get clear from liver cleansing. Maybe our livers focus on eliminating toxins and have gotten less efficient in eliminating used hormones..

yep, i'm happy with that graph veen. I think you did a great job. I personally don't believe in the stress correlation but others do and I respect that so all in all very well done.

Ya stress is definitely a big factor.

That is amazing! May I use that in the future when showing people?

Wow, that's an amazing chart. I am not sure I can get my head around it just yet though. :think:

I do agree that stress plays a part. For example, my skin was looking the best it has looked in years, didn't change a thing with diet, etc... then this past week was stressful and BAM, a large spot on my chin. :confused:

I wonder if taking ACV internally can help with cleansing and even detoxifying (e.g. the liver)? I sure hope so because I just started adding it to my routine.

If you showed this chart to a derm they would literally think you are nuts. What is modern medicine when it is the community updating the doctors with information to help them do their job properly.

They are either really smart and deceptive or really ignorant and lazy. I'm still not sure which one.

If you showed this chart to a derm they would literally think you are nuts. What is modern medicine when it is the community updating the doctors with information to help them do their job properly.

They are either really smart and deceptive or really ignorant and lazy. I'm still not sure which one.

Ya, thats what it looks like, but I think that when you fix the most important factors (gut dysbiosis, cell resistance and an overloaded liver), you build in a buffer and you're body will be able to handle more stressors without breaking out.

A factor I left out in the chart is that people with acne have genetically oversensitive hormone receptors. I think this is what seperates us from people who eat like crap etc and dont break out. But I didnt know a good place on the chart for that..

I dont believe that our livers have less capacity or something than other people. But our livers are defenitely overloaded, thats why some people get clear from liver cleansing. Maybe our livers focus on eliminating toxins and have gotten less efficient in eliminating used hormones..

I was working on something similar to this a while ago. Yours is a lot more comprehensive, though; very nice work.

Shouldn't 'hormonal imbalance' feed back into the insulin resistance stuff somewhere, though? I guess saying 'hormonal imbalance' is basically the same thing as saying 'increased insulin/angrogens/etc'. I understand that laying out flowcharts is daunting if too many things interconnect, so you might've just stuck them all together for convenience's sake.