Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

gallery_65609_7258_9043.jpg

Hey. I haven't logged on in a while, and I feel sooo much better than ever.

One thing I realized is that by being on this site everyday and complaining about my life situation was forcing me to see myself in terms of my condition. If all you ever think about is your acne, it becomes part of your identity. well it isnt. Not only that, but my acne isnt that much better than when i was really depressed, but now I look dam hot, and if im not, thats ok.

Its really true when ppl say that ppl dont notice your acne as much as you do. They dont even notice it all sometimes or probably dont care.

When I used to look in the mirror I used to get a pain in the stomach, and my attention would go straight to those imperfections that I had let define me.

Some of us are only making it worse by complaining about it. When you complain, you wish you where somewhere else. the NOW is not good enough and we cant accept it. How are you going to make peace that way? You'll never be perfect and you'll have to accept yourself someitme. Why not now?

The idealistic view of what skin should look like is made up, and may never become a truth for us. It wasnt till I realized that all I have is NOW, that I was able to let go of ridiculous, impulsive, irrelevant, false, irrational, negative thoughts... Oh thoughts... My disease.

So if you think your mind is an aid to your suffering... Maybe topicals arent the solution.

The answer to you problems is...

>g

JESUS!!!

Not accutane!!!

gallery_65609_7258_47018.jpg

Just kidding. Humor has been known to save lives.

I dont know if any of this makes sense to you. I guess I wanted to write this becasue I feel like although this site has helped so many, including myself, at the same times it enables people.

Just like everytime my mom gives me 20 bucks for gas, I look for a job a little less...

Every time I am allowed to complain (on this site), I look for "peace of mind" a little less...

I dont need any validation nor contradiction, Im just posting an opinion. Maybe someone will go Aha! and get a glimpse of "it's-okay-ness"

If Im sounding like Tom Cruise in his famous You Tube Scientology interview. Thats Ok.

Anyways. Peace. Out.

gallery_65609_7258_27084.jpg

Exactly! Complaining/seeing negative does nothing for our situation. Just gives us a horrible outlook on life. We have got to see good in all situations. Life will never be perfect.

While I do agree with your statement that we shouldn't be complaining/depressed all the time and let acne rule our lives, the fact of the matter is that acne will rule our lives even if we ignore it. I've ignored my acne for years. The result: I still couldn't take my shirt off in public/go swimming. My friends act like they don't want to be around me.

In short, acne will still be a part of our lives, wheather we are complaining/depressed, or if we ignore/accept it and try to live our lives if we didn't have acne.

Well written my friend. I like the emphasis on the NOW because your right, its all we've got. If you ask an animal what time it is, theyd say the time is now, wtf you smoking and where can i get some.

Then again its often good to vent, when we feel we have nowhere to turn.

This website helps people help themselves with the help of others. And often people can give outside advice that can help. The problem is, most of us don't know people in the "real world" who can relate to what we are going through. Thats why this website is great.

People often let their "pain body" ego's feed on more pain. The point is to get past your ego and get to your true self, which is in total control of your reality.

This website only enables those who enable themselves to not accept the now. Not rolling with the changes.

Congrats on your new found glory, but i hope you stay centered. I sense a hint of cockiness, but you should know their is a fine line between pride and prejudice. The definition of prejudice is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. If acne has taught me anything, it is to never judge a book by its cover.

People should be judged by the content of their character and not their appearance.

Carpe diem my friend carpe diem:) You only have now, now is all that matters. I know sometimes it seems impossible to carry on but just give it a shot. Because if you can manage to move on despite all those hard times given by your problem-whatever it may be-you'll feel better. Maybe your acne won't get any better, but your self-esteem and you self-respect will surely get boosted up because you'll figure out how strong you actually are.

Its really true when ppl say that ppl dont notice your acne as much as you do. They dont even notice it all sometimes or probably dont care.