Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG86

Weight, Dosage, Sex, Side Effects...

Just wondering for all those people out there on Accutane what their weight is, their dosage and their gender... Please feel free to talk about the side effects and how long it took to notice a difference...And for those of you post tane, how long did it take for your side effects to subside?

Weight: 61kg ~ 135lbs

Dosage: 30mg/day

Sex: Male

Side effects: Only dry skin and lips - moisturizing twice a day and vaseline for lips once a day or once every other day. So not bad at all :)

Been with this dosage about 70 days and gonna be atleast next 80 day (when I see my derm next time). I have seen improvement but this third month is gonna be better for sure ;)

For me it's no big deal to be on this drug 'cause the side effects ain't bad at all, barely notable. This slightly dry skin is much much better than the feeling you're gonna drown 'cause the oil.. :)

So, be just patience and do not let this drug (or acne) ruin your life even temporarily.

Weight: 60kg / 130ish lbs

Dosage: 80mg/day

Sex: female

Side effects: For the first 3 months I had minimal side effect except dry skin...now I'm having some hair thinning, loss of athletic conditioning (not that I was in awesome shape, but I definitely get more sore and tired now), weight gain around midsection (without increase in appetite/food intake), lack of motivation/concentration. These have all appeared in the 4th month. For the intended effects of the drug...just now seeing them. The first 3 1/2 months were the IB from hell...the red marks are awful but only 1 or 2 small breakouts in the last 2 weeks...like most, the red marks seem to heal much slower than normal, although the acne heals faster. I'm hoping it's true that they fade faster when you're finished... but even so, some are definitely lighter than they were a few months ago. As of now, if the acne continues to improve and the side effects don't get worse it would definitely have been worth it...but I won't count any chickens yet seeing as I have another 2 months or so to go (derm wants a cumulative dose of at least 150 mg/kg for me because my acne is quite persistent and scarring).

Weight: 165 lbs

Dosage: 40mg, next month 80mg

Side Effects: Headache if I don't drink water, dry lips and face, mood swings (I'm super emo depressed in the morning, and fine at night, and vice versa), loss of apetite (A good thing)

This is just a bump post, but I would also like to say thank you to those of you that took your time to post. Cheers!

Dosage: started at 20 mg/day NOW: 40 mg/day

Weight: 130 lbs.

Side Effects: drier skin all over, dry lips, occas. headaches, fatigue...Most noticeable: sore almost everywhere.... Back, legs, FEET....everything seems to hurt. Most painful getting up in the AM; exercise doesn't seem to make a difference... But all manageable if it means NO more cysts!!! One more month to go, per my derm..... P.

Weight: 89kg

Dosage: 20mg for 4 months

Side effects: Backache, Dry lip, Depression, Knee aching, Initial breakouts, fine lines due to dryness, keratosis pilaris on shoulder and jaw area, Milia and worst of all, hairloss.

Weight: 100 lbs.

Dosage: 40mg a day

Sex: Female

Side effects: Dry skin, lips and eyes.

I've been on my tane routine for about 5 months now. I've recently started to get eczema on my hands and harms. Very itchy and unpleasant looking if you forget to put lotion on! It's not bad really...my eyes are getting terribly dry though. Enough to not be able to concentrate. But, honestly I would take much worse if it meant my acne went away! And it has. I noticed an improvement within the first month. It just kept getting better from there! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Weight: 103

Dosage: 40mg

Side Effects: Dry lips and nose

For the dryness i use lip balm (for lips) and for my nose I just keep on sneezing. I really can't do anything for that. I'm been on Accutane for a month so far. I'm gonna be on it for 6 months. I still have a while to go yet, but i can see the results already!

Weight: 169.7 lbs ~ 77 kgs

Dosage: 40mg a day (20mg: am, 20mg: pm)

Sex: Male

Side Effects: headaches when dehydrated, peeling feet, dry skin (face,neck,shoulders), some days dry lips (other days im fine), loss of concentration, very very moody (girlfriend hates it) loss of appetite, weight gain (due to trying to eat fatty foods for maximum absorption) nosebleeds in the shower (believe its from the steam) sexual interest currently down the drain :( cant keep/get it up. besides that im fine :) nothing i cant handle. i take multivitamins (without vitamin a) i take fish oil with omega 3 and 6. vitamin c tablets. use a salicylic acid face wash to encourage peeling/shedding for scars and acne, and 10% benzyol peroxide wash for acne and antibacterial, and use a vitamin E with jojoba oil moisturizer with spf 15 to prevent dryness and scarring and sunburn. i also moisturize from head to toe in a skin repair creme containing vitamin e and emu oil to combat dryness. i drink water alot of smoothies. exercise 30 mins daily. ive been clear for a month now. skin is softer then baby's skin :) still using salicylic acid and bp to refine and help redmarks along with my vitamin e and jojoba oil. hopefully im left scar free and with perfect skin. :)

Weight 155

male

60 mgs a day

im on month 5 and i don't have a pimple on my face i got about the same side affects as every one the worse one wus the reddish face but so far its not bad im in great shape so i didn't gain a pound since iv been on it :dance:

Weight: 65kg

Dosage: 40mg a day

Day: 68 (since 1 fev. 2008)

Side Effects: Dry Lips and Dry Eyes. Only. Not flaky, reddish skin or pain in the back...

Weight: 120

Dosage: 30mg

Week 2 I'm experiencing bad headaches, severely chapped and flaking skin, and tiredness.

Side effects:

Tons of peeling off my face. I shed skin everywhere. (just look at my gallery, my cysts basically flaked off over the course of months.)

Change in music taste for a time.

No more severe acne.

Female

age 24

110lbs

50 mg/day

side effects are dry lips, eyes. skin peels a lot. nose bleed. headache, nausea and bloody stool when I don't drink enough water ><. fatigue, occasionally soar joints.

Female

Age 24

Weight 56 kg

dosage - 30mg/day (10 on, 20 off)

Side Effects:

INITIAL - very minor IB, in fact couldnt really tell the difference between that and normal skin breakout. VERY red though. Looked like Id had major sunburn. Very itchy. This lasted for around 2 weeks.

CURRENT - dry lips, dry skin. But to be honest I love having dry skin, I love getting up in the morning and looking in the mirror and not see a shiny face staring back at me.

Now (about a month later) skin is perfect, no breakouts, pore size

reduced, no more redness. lovely. Im just waiting for something to go wrong :doubt: