Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatAznKid

on accutane - i am SO red and SOO DRY!

I hate to keep complaining, but I'm already on day 8 and my skin is extremely red. People have been asking me if I'm drunk ( I turn red when I drink, asian glow) and I'm like no. Also, my face is extremely dry. No matter what I put on it, (cetaphil/aquaphor) my face still feels dry. Worse, when I put on aquaphor, i think it clogs my pores. any suggestions?! i feel like ripping my face off.

just so you know you are not alone I am getting the same thing

I am on day 6 of 40mg/day (weigh 55k) and I am bright red and dry. my whole face is peeling and it feels itchy and ick and the redness is all patchy

could anyone please assure us that this will eventually go away?

I got Emu oil yesterday and used it last night. My skin isn't red at all today. :) and it doesn't clog pores, and it heals your skin. Its AWESOME!

I can't wait til i have been using it for a few weeks...im sure the effects are cumulative.

sup guys, hey dont wory about it im on roaccutane and had the same thing, ur face jus feels like crap in every way! but im on day 70 and most of my spots are gone jus a few scars left. my skin is way more comfortable and isnt red and patchy anymore also there is no oil produced and the dryness has reduced alot as well as in my face doesnt peel as much.

But its just the way the drug works, u feel like crap for a few weeks, then youl feel a bit less crapper than that for a few weeks, then ul feel good for a few weeks and eventually ul look in the mirror and be pshyced cus ur skin wil rawk! (everyone in my family was on the tane..speaking from experience)

so hang in ther amigos :dance:

The redness should disappear soon. I was red like a tomato for about 2 weeks. I was so embarrassed but I am not red anymore. Also, try to wash your face once daily instead of twice for the dryness.

I was red for a couple days, but the redness has mostly died down now (day 10). It should go away soon, just like most of the dryness.

Emu oil is an excellent night time moisturizer. It makes your face really shiny so I doubt you'd want to wear it during the day. I've only been using it for four nights, so I haven't noticed any changes in my scars or red marks as of yet.

Hi, my face is also peeling, and red. I use the DKR Moisturiser but it isn't really good for my skin whilst on Accutane :( I think i'm going to give Emu Oil a try.

ATB everyone.