Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firefly7

Self tan recommendations face and body.....

i used self tan a few years back and tried the usual suspects ie. st tropez, johnson holiday skin, fake bake etc.

never found any i liked as they either broke me out or looked to orange/yellow for my fair (redhead) skin. anyone having any luck with self tan. im quite prepared to buy seperate ones for face and body.

had thought about having short sessions on a sun bed but ive received only mostly a negative responce from members on here. obviously skin cancer and all...

I've had good results with Jergens Glow for the face. I found it to be a nice color and gradual. I would also mix in a little bit of real sun, too. It didn't break me out, but I don't have sensitive skin. In a pinch I've used their gradual body lotion on my face as well. I didn't break out from that either, but I don't recommend using it all the time on the face just in case. The body lotion does tend to get a little orange on the ankles if you're not careful just like any of the others.

For the body, the Hawaiian Tropics gradual tan lotion is excellent, too.

I've had good results with Jergens Glow for the face. I found it to be a nice color and gradual. I would also mix in a little bit of real sun, too. It didn't break me out, but I don't have sensitive skin. In a pinch I've used their gradual body lotion on my face as well. I didn't break out from that either, but I don't recommend using it all the time on the face just in case. The body lotion does tend to get a little orange on the ankles if you're not careful just like any of the others.

thanks for that. should have mentioned that im looking for products available in the uk.

thanks for that. should have mentioned that im looking for products available in the uk.

I think we have the same type of skin! I dye my hair, but am naturally a strawberry blonde with light skin, both which I hate. I have had luck with Jergen's natural glow products as well. The key is to blend as well as possible, and I tend to put it on in the evening/night and after I shower the next day I will put on a good lotion, either one with a bit of a tint or just a good lotion for keeping a tan (I have tons of expensive products from when I used to go tanning). Exfoliating prior to putting the lotion on is a must also. And not going too dark.

I would actually not do anything, I'm a redhead with pale skin too, and I like the slightly exotic look it can give. But I have a question, do you ever have problems finding a foundation light enough for your skin? I'm thinking about turning to mineral make up just so I can get something pale enough.