Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natuerwild

Accutane solely for oily skin?

My worst years of acne is behind me... but I still get the annoying acne popping every week. The problem is, my acne hardly disappear nicely... they leave red marks.

So even though the number of active acne is low, my face is full of acne scars/redness. Since I have a very, VERY oily skin, those redness look 100x worse. Every time after I wipe the oil off using tissue, people will ask me "did you just apply make up? your skin somehow look better" :redface:

Anyway, I'm going to a derm next monday and going to ask for accutane. But I'm just wondering how effective accutane will be if I'm just taking it solely to stop mild acne and reduce the oil sebum production? Any recommended dosage?

If you have taken tane before then i see no real harm in taking say 10mg every 3-4 days. Should be pretty effective that way and will keep your skin normal instead of bone dry.

If you haven't taken it before then i wouldn't bother taking it, even at that dose you can have some pretty serious side effects, although it is uncommon.

If you have taken tane before then i see no real harm in taking say 10mg every 3-4 days. Should be pretty effective that way and will keep your skin normal instead of bone dry.

If you haven't taken it before then i wouldn't bother taking it, even at that dose you can have some pretty serious side effects, although it is uncommon.

Let us know if your derma. prescribed Accutane for oily skin. Somehow I always thought they reserved it for moderate-severe acne which did not respond to other medicines.

Maybe I can persuade my derma. to prescribe it for my mild acne but very oily skin at 43 yrs. old.

I've never taken accutane before... so I hope the low dosage will minimilize the side effects.

I'm going to go emo on my derm and will cry over the few acne marks I've left hehe.. after all, beauty is relative and while my case is only mild acne, I'll make him think it's life-threatening disease!!

There's better solutions to fixing oily skin besides Accutane.

Mind sharing a few tips? I've tried everything I could think yet nothing worked.