Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tst3r

anything to help my sleeping problem?

i haven't been able to sleep well for years. i started having sleeping problems when i started having acne(7 years ago or so). some days i only sleep for 4 hours and still cant get to sleep the next night. usually when i get a good night of rest, the next night i cant sleep at all. ive been to the doctors for this about 3 years ago and they gave me pills which dried my lips and didnt really help. ive taken valerian root which doesn't really do anything for me as well. is there anything that will help me sleep? preferably all natural. i'm sick of going to school looking like a zombie all the time.

i haven't been able to sleep well for years. i started having sleeping problems when i started having acne(7 years ago or so). some days i only sleep for 4 hours and still cant get to sleep the next night. usually when i get a good night of rest, the next night i cant sleep at all. ive been to the doctors for this about 3 years ago and they gave me pills which dried my lips and didnt really help. ive taken valerian root which doesn't really do anything for me as well. is there anything that will help me sleep? preferably all natural. i'm sick of going to school looking like a zombie all the time.

Work out, stop drinking caffeinated beverages, set a sleep time that is always the same no matter the day and stick to it.

For an hour before your scheduled sleep don't do anything overwhelming or your body won't feel tired.

Best of Luck~ ^_^

Yes diet and exercise as stated above. Make sure you're tired and worn out by the time you go to bed, try not to eat within 1-2 hours of bedtime. NO CAFFEINE or other stimulants. Melatonin is an over the counter sleep aid, but I caution anyone don't use a sleep aid all the time, the problem is not lack of drugs, it's something else that you're doing or not doing.

What is it? Balance out your life, and when you go to bed my suggestion is to focus on your breathing and tell yourself you're falling asleep and that you'll sleep soundly and deeply. WHY? Because what we think about expands.

Today is ur lucky day because i'm gonna help u overcome ur sleep problem. The root cause of your sleep problem is overactive adrenals which lead to excess stress horomones in the bloodstream which prevents sleep. Basically u need to avoid or severely minimize ALL activities that raise stress horomone levels. A quick over-view. Eat natural meats, fats and LOW STARCH carbs only to balance sugar levels, sugar to high or low can inhibit sleep. Avoid lifting weights for now or excess exercise, contary to popular belief exercise can raise ur stress levels if u dont have the stress reserves for the exercise to begin with. Same with sex, orgasm from masturbating or sex can and will cause insomnia if u dont have the stress reserves. Eat before bed eating only yhe above foods, avoid masturbating+sex and strenous exercise of any kind untill u start to sleep better, also avoid orgasm for 5 days to start. U will notice in 3 days u will start to sleep better. Also instead of strenous exercising focus on meditating for 20 min 1-3 times a day. When u begin to sleep better u can handle more exercise. For now the only acceptable exercise is your job, meditating or walking. Anything more can disrupt sleep untill u lower ur stress levels.

Excess androgens raise histamine levels, and histamine interferes with sleep. Which is why anti-histamine drugs make people drowsy. Just a possibility. Salt and vitamin C are natural antihistamines.

DIM - dyindolylmethane (???) is for healthy estrogen metabolism - its done wonders for my sleep, i fall asleep like a normal person in about 15 minutes, before it would take me up to an hour. and i sleep less and wake rested as well.

Today is ur lucky day because i'm gonna help u overcome ur sleep problem. The root cause of your sleep problem is overactive adrenals which lead to excess stress horomones in the bloodstream which prevents sleep. Basically u need to avoid or severely minimize ALL activities that raise stress horomone levels. A quick over-view. Eat natural meats, fats and LOW STARCH carbs only to balance sugar levels, sugar to high or low can inhibit sleep. Avoid lifting weights for now or excess exercise, contary to popular belief exercise can raise ur stress levels if u dont have the stress reserves for the exercise to begin with. Same with sex, orgasm from masturbating or sex can and will cause insomnia if u dont have the stress reserves. Eat before bed eating only yhe above foods, avoid masturbating+sex and strenous exercise of any kind untill u start to sleep better, also avoid orgasm for 5 days to start. U will notice in 3 days u will start to sleep better. Also instead of strenous exercising focus on meditating for 20 min 1-3 times a day. When u begin to sleep better u can handle more exercise. For now the only acceptable exercise is your job, meditating or walking. Anything more can disrupt sleep untill u lower ur stress levels.

if you tolerate milk, drink a cuo of warm milk, it helps some people..

and yeah exercise. you will feel so tired that you want to sleep right away

I recommend Deep Sleep CD by Glenn Harrold. Do a search on amazon and you'll see. From what i hear, it has cured lots of insomniacs.

with hypnosis, you can rely on sleeping naturally as opposed to relying on an external source (diets, pills) to get you to sleep.

take care

Hi

I am best friends with a Stanford sleep Dr... here is what he says..

Dont rest..nap or lay around in your bed in the day.. if you do want to rest do it in another room..

One hour before bed... write in a journal.. about what is bothering you, all your problems and vow to leave those problems in that room.. if you exercise..do so in the Am..

Go to bed..in a dark room..no tv, computers or lights.. if thoughts come into your mind then

say you are leaving them in the other room until tomorrow..

visualize your great skin getting better, getting fit and healthy..

A couple drops of the Valerian root wont hurt.. just do it right before bed..

If you still cant sleep see a sleep dr.. because we all need our sleep.. Hugs T :shifty::surprised:

Take calcium, magnesium, potassium. You can get it at whole/natural foods stores. I have had insomnia problems for so long and this stuff relaxes me and helps me sleep deeply! Most days anyway. If I have sugar that day, I sometimes don't have as good of a night. Yoga also helps. Also, what you visualize really does help, I can't think about things that I'm worried about or that are happening in reality. I visualize myself walking up this beautiful hill, then laying in the grass, and smelling a perfect light floral smell. I visualized that the first time in a class where we did relaxation techniques, and it's stuck with me. It definitely works. My mind can easily think way too much and way too deeply about anything.

melatonin and total darkness when sleeping.

light destroys melatonin and darkness triggers you body to create it.

melatonin is made from serotonin, which can be depleted when you are under stress and prolonged emotional stress leads to depression and insomnia.

also consider taking 5-htp during the day to help serotonin levels, this is the immediate precursor to serotonin.

Melatonin is also a very powerful anti oxidant and inflammatory so getting great sleep is a must for inflammatory diseases.

try improving your emotional well being, this may be the root of all your problems, pay attention to your emotions and take the right actions to correct the quality of your life and everyday moods.