Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miketomass

"Myth: Masturbation/sex does not aggravate acne" Reality: it does"

That´s right folks, in my opinion it´s the most dangerous myth about acne, coupled with that diet has nothing to do with acne. There two "myths" together, are good enough to keep your acne through adulthood. Actually that´s the reason why acne, today persists more in adults, it has to do with our bad diet.

Anyway now my story.

I´ve started getting more serious acne around 18, every time I had an ejaculation my pimples would get bigger. That´s right, ejaculation in men, does not cause acne per se, but it makes the healing of the pimples much much difficult.

Now at 21, a few weeks ago, I went to a dermatologist. What did he do? He prescribed me accutane. After some net search, I decided not to take it, and just kept my panoxyl.

What did I do, more net research, to confirm my hundreds of experiences along these 3 years, ejaculation can have a serious impact on acne, why? Because of the conversion of testosterone in Dihydrotestosterone. This a scientific fact. Some people might not be affected by DHT, I am, and many guys here are.

Now I started with a "week of trial", i stopped masturbating for a weeking. I saw huge improvements, today i´m in my day 12 without sex, my skin has improved so much, it´s trully unbelievable, I would love to show my skin to my dermo, I can tell you my family is impressed.

"They just asked what have you done?", I just say I don´t know....

Now I know there are people who will say, that sex relieves stress, that´s true, but the effect on DHT is clearly stronger.

For those who will tell about prostate cancer, I´m 21 I don´t really have to worry about that yet . And when I get clear (wich by this rate, it will be freakin soon) I´ll having sex more often.

Because SEX can affect the existing acne, not creating new one...

And that´s my story.... in summary, I manage to avoid a serious treatment like accutane that can cause some damages in some people, just by sexual abstinence...keep that in mind..

Note: You have to be very sure you want to do this, because it´s hard as hell, I´m dreaming about sex every single night.... for you to see how much hard it´s being.

I´m Spanish, so sorry for my bad writting. Good bye

I havent been jackin off for 3 days straight. NO new pimples. Ill continue doing this til i can prove that it does really affect "MY" acne not yours.

lol have you guys ever seen american beauty? In the beginning where kevin spacey is just yankin' it in the shower and states it's the highlight of his day? Well it's not my highlight..but pretty close...lol

I havent been jackin off for 3 days straight. NO new pimples. Ill continue doing this til i can prove that it does really affect "MY" acne not yours.

For sure man. I'm going to try this. I started last night by saying no to sex. It helps that I don't have a girlfriend anymore either. Weow...let's do this.

Well not in my case lol. I'm able to have as much fun as I want. *cough* >_>

^_^

This subject has been posted so many times. :rolleyes: Yes, sex/masturbation can be the cause of acne due to something hormone related. Sure. It's possible. It's just another one of the possibilities of why an individual might get acne as well as poor diet, genetics, some obscure element of a skincare product, clogged pores, and a great many other things.

Is this true for everyone? No.

Haha well lucky you....I'm going to try it because there's nothing really to lose...and I think buddy needs some time off for a while as well :D

Haha well lucky you....I'm going to try it because there's nothing really to lose...and I think buddy needs some time off for a while as well :D

lol have you guys ever seen american beauty? In the beginning where kevin spacey is just yankin' it in the shower and states it's the highlight of his day? Well it's not my highlight..but pretty close...lol

The DHT you are talking about is a form of testosterone. Acne CAN be caused by an overdose of testosterone, which is why people who use steroids are prone to acne breakouts. However, your argument is flawed. There is absolutely no reason to believe that masturbation causes an overdose of testosterone that your body can't handle.

Finally, you should probably figure out the difference between your opinion/experience and fact.

I'd pretty much prefer having cystic acne to doing that. I think I would explode and end up raping a fence. But then I'm not a man so I don't have to, unless someone starts giving proof that women have the same problem. Don't even dare. Anyway, it's so sad that acne would stop people from doing this, I am humbled.

The DHT you are talking about is a form of testosterone. Acne CAN be caused by an overdose of testosterone, which is why people who use steroids are prone to acne breakouts. However, your argument is flawed. There is absolutely no reason to believe that masturbation causes an overdose of testosterone that your body can't handle.

Finally, you should probably figure out the difference between your opinion/experience and fact.

Also sperm contains a very high level of zinc. Ejaculating too often can cause a zinc deficiency i guess and zinc is supposed to be very important for the skin and to fight bacteria and stuff.

Well, it certainly doesn't bother my boyfriend. Lucky fool. He jacks off 3 times a night sometimes and he's clear as a bell. xD

And at least I can cross this off my list as I'm female. :|

That´s right folks, in my opinion it´s the most dangerous myth about acne, coupled with that diet has nothing to do with acne. There two "myths" together, are good enough to keep your acne through adulthood. Actually that´s the reason why acne, today persists more in adults, it has to do with our bad diet.

Anyway now my story.

I´ve started getting more serious acne around 18, every time I had an ejaculation my pimples would get bigger. That´s right, ejaculation in men, does not cause acne per se, but it makes the healing of the pimples much much difficult.

Now at 21, a few weeks ago, I went to a dermatologist. What did he do? He prescribed me accutane. After some net search, I decided not to take it, and just kept my panoxyl.

What did I do, more net research, to confirm my hundreds of experiences along these 3 years, ejaculation can have a serious impact on acne, why? Because of the conversion of testosterone in Dihydrotestosterone. This a scientific fact. Some people might not be affected by DHT, I am, and many guys here are.

I can't agree more. The diet myth mislead me and I went on "unhealthy" food binges 'cos i thought food would not affect my skin. 1 thing I've found out is to stay away from dark-coloured sodas. Sugars and phosporic acid makes my acne glow bright red and it's so freaking embarrasing. I learned this only after reading a self-help book and experimenting. I'm also 9 days into my "masturbation cold-turkey". I have to say my skin looks better after the cold turkey. I'm aiming to go for 1 month to conclude if there is a link between masturbation and acne. Will be back to update at the 2-week mark.

AND STAY AWAY FROM THE COKE! :D

this doesn't mean you cant have sex, you just cant orgasm... or maybe even the sex part is bad... either way id still have sex. I just wont ejaculate. I don't even care about the ejaculation part, i just enjoy the act of stabbing a girl repeatedly in the vagina, that is the hot part.