Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lqb7

Anyone use the Zeno acne device?

yea i bought the zeno and it worked really good...and i kept up with for a bit...but it gets really expensive replacing chargers and i havent used it in a year...and it is a bunch of work. unless u have only a few pimples and not multiply...i would buy it

I believe there is a product review of this product on the top bar. Treatments > Treatment reviews>

Zeno should be there somewhere. I remember reading that it didnt work for a lot of people since you have to zap it when its in the early stages and was very costly for replacement tips (I think you could only use it 20 times or so before you had to get another tip).

In my own experience, if you use it when you first notice the pimple (when its still a sore bump under the skin, before it has developed pus), Zeno can work really well. It doesn't work on noninflamed acne though and it is also not supposed to be used on cysts (although I have read some reviews at makeupalley.com where people had good results using it on cysts).

I don't get many spots that this is appropriate for, but when I do it seems to work pretty well for me. It generally does one of two things: one - makes the pimple go away without ever fully developing. It can take a day or two for it to go away, but sometimes they will just fade away with no marks left afterwared. two - it makes the spot come to a head faster, so it really shortens the life cycle of the pimple and it doesn't spend much time in the red/inflamed bump stage. After Zeno brings them to a head, they are usually very easy for my esthetician at the acne clinic to extract (which further speeds the healing time).

I think some people haven't had good luck with it because they either don't use it as directed, or they use it on a type of pimple that Zeno isn't supposed to be used on. Or they just have too much acne to make it worth purchasing. Zeno is really meant to be used on the occasional inflamed pimple, not for people with a lot of widespread acne.

Some tips that have improved my results:

1. If the pimple is in a sensitive area or an area with thinner skin (e.g.; the tip of your chin or around your lips), use the zeno more sparingly (no more than every 12 hours, 2-3 times total). I used it too frequently on a spot that was on the tip of my chin and it actually caused a mild burn because the skin there is so thinly stretched over the bone. It did bring down the swelling on the pimple though.

2. If I get a pimple on a less sensitive area, I will use the Zeno every 6 hours the first day (so in the morning, afternoon, and before going to bed) and then one more time the next day. Getting more treatments in right away really helps. If your skin is sensitive though, you might want to do it slightly less often - maybe every 8-10 hours.

3. After using the Zeno I will apply an acne medication (an antibacterial) on the spot right away. I think the heat helps the medication absorb better.

4. I alternate using the zeno with applying ice to the pimple - both can help kill acne bacteria and reduce the swelling of the pimple.

I actually had a deep chin pimple that popped up yesterday morning - I haven't had one of these in a long time. I used the Zeno yesterday morning, then 6 hrs later at lunch, 9 hours later at bedtime and again this morning. Each time I used it I applied an antibacterial afterwards, and I put a dab of sulfur mask on it overnight. I also iced it a few times during the day. The spot is no longer sore at all, and seems to be fading - its smaller and doesn't seem like its going to develop into a full blown pimple at this point. I'll update in a day or two and let you know what the final results were!

If my acne were less in number, I'd give it a shot. It sounds like a good deal once you get the hang of it.

Zeno update: It totally killed the developing chin zit! :dance: The bump is gone and its now just a small flat redmark that is fading pretty quickly (looks even better tonight than it did this morning).

I still think that this is a great tool in addition to a good acne regimen. I don't think it would do much on its own (and it only deals with pimples after the fact, it obviously doesn't prevent them), but its great for anyone who just gets a few inflamed pimples.

The Zeno is a good device (I have tried EVERYTHING!).

But, I found the Zeno to be too expensive with those replacement tips. My favorite electronic acne pen is definitely the Magic Wand. Because the tip is permanent, the cost is only for your initial purchase (I paid $99 at http://www.klimadeodorant.com/magic-acne-wand-zeno-pen-device-electronic-pimple.html).

My two cents says get the Magic Wand and save your self $20 per month on replacement tips. I would say it takes 2 applications on a pimple to get it to disappear, but you can do it 3 times per day.

:)

-Sierra