Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derK

lotion? moisturizer? what's the difference?

i'm wondering what is the difference between the 2?? i personally see lotion as a liquidy moisturizer, while a moisturizer is a cream. So a lotion is an ALTERED form of moisturizers.

Do they serve different purposes?? i'm sure the goal is to hydrate the skin, but are they used for different applications?? is one for more dry skin? is one for more delicate skin? daytime use? nighttime use??

Derek

Moisturiser speaks to the function of the product.

Lotion is a more liquid consistency and provide a lighter application. Cream is a thicker consistency and provides a heavier application.

Often people use creams at night just because they are more noticeable. Usually creams are for drier skin just because they deliver more moisturiser.

Skin sensitivity or fragility is irrelevant to consistency, but more relevant to ingredients or chemical components.

Moisturiser speaks to the function of the product.

Lotion is a more liquid consistency and provide a lighter application. Cream is a thicker consistency and provides a heavier application.

Exactly what she said.

A moisturiser can be a lotion or cream etc.