Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nutterbutter

I really need an honest advice/ opinion...

Hi guys,

I would like to start this off with a "brief" history about this tazorac-accutane conversion. Last year back in August, I was so ready to be put on accutane because my last derm told me I needed it, but my current derm since last year told me to try tazorac and birth control pills first before I could start accutane, then I came back within a month, he liked what he saw and said that he doesn't think that I need accutane cos tazorac seems to be working (which I've already taken about 4 cycles already and ended up bad anyways) Even though I told him about how I've been through tazorac many times and how my acne came back after a few months after, he still said that he thinks it'll do good for me.

So fast forward to this year. I visited him this March ('08) after so many months of being on tazorac, doxy, and benzaclin, he saw some persistent breakouts, and now he's offering me accutane!!!! I was mad, cos I went throught August...September--December enduring the pain of having the breakouts that I had from tazorac and now, i have to take accutane!

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WOULD I GET INITIAL BREAKOUTS EVEN THOUGH I'VE BEEN ON TAZORAC AND DOXYCYCLINE FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS??? please answer this, and give as much detail as you can. I really wanna end my acne!!! I'm sooo tired of it (i have it since i was 12!)

what i think? I think its time to change ur derm. He doesnt listen to you and didnt do whats best for you. Try accutane now, u will get better.

what i think? I think its time to change ur derm. He doesnt listen to you and didnt do whats best for you. Try accutane now, u will get better.

Ya, I regret not taking it soon, I'm hoping that if I try accutane that it'll be the last thing I have to try. It's hard to find a derm that understands me, I though my current derm is understanding but I later found out that he's like everyone else, he doesn't really care..... Like I came back to ask him about my scars, and he said ... "you have 5 years to have a boyfriend..... at least it's not bulging/coming off at the side of your face" (cos i have like the bump/ raised scars).... So ya I will talk to him next month. thanks