Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've battled with this shit since I was 13.

It's been gone for 2 years.

Now it's back again. I am 22 years old.

I honestly thought that I had outgrown this mess... and it has comeback.

I had clear skin for two years, now new pimples are reappearing.

All I honestly want to do is break down and cry.

I feel like I can't confidently go to social events anymore, this is driving me nuts.

Anyone else have to deal with the comeback acne?

I really don't know what to do anymore this shit is insane. People really don't understand what it's like to deal with this crap. They say "Oh it's just a few pimples" they have no fucking idea.

that sucks.

can you think of anything you've changed recently that might be causing it to comeback?

changes in diet? exercise? stress?

Is this after accutane?

Well...at least its been noticed early...take out the obvious aggravators, caffeine, processed foods, sugars, and see where it goes.

Chin up!

This is the ironic part.

I never took any accutane.

And my diet consisted of whatever I wanted to eat. Namely fat foods and whatever. But my skin healed fine.

The problems with this was my overall health was bad, I was close to 200 pounds and I wanted to loose weight.

I lost the weight for sure, I'm down to 165 pounds and all I've been eating is healthy stuff.

It wasn't untill I started to eat healthy that the acne came back which to me seems strange.

So naturally I was like hmmm.... acne again eh... no you don't.... so I started like super healthy eating.

To my suprise it got worse.

I've been reading the holistic forum a lot lately, but to me there is too many different approaches.

I could say I cleared myself up by eating a diet of: fast food at least 3 times a week, at least 12 beers a week, snacks galore, chocolate, chips, whatever you want!!

It seemed to work better for me than eating healthy.

In all honesty I'd rather be 25 pounds overweight with clear skin.

Hell, I'd be 100 pounds overweight with clear skin.

This is the ironic part.

I never took any accutane.

And my diet consisted of whatever I wanted to eat. Namely fat foods and whatever. But my skin healed fine.

The problems with this was my overall health was bad, I was close to 200 pounds and I wanted to loose weight.

I lost the weight for sure, I'm down to 165 pounds and all I've been eating is healthy stuff.

It wasn't untill I started to eat healthy that the acne came back which to me seems strange.

So naturally I was like hmmm.... acne again eh... no you don't.... so I started like super healthy eating.

To my suprise it got worse.

I've been reading the holistic forum a lot lately, but to me there is too many different approaches.

I could say I cleared myself up by eating a diet of: fast food at least 3 times a week, at least 12 beers a week, snacks galore, chocolate, chips, whatever you want!!

It seemed to work better for me than eating healthy.

In all honesty I'd rather be 25 pounds overweight with clear skin.

Hell, I'd be 100 pounds overweight with clear skin.

Also...

The thing that really gets me is that when I was clear I started doing a lot of self development stuff... really getting my stuff together. I could confidently approach any woman and start a conversation. I could "pick up" chicks in a club completely sober. I've organized a lot of extra curricular stuff at my school. I've created a social circle around being sociable....

Now, there is lots of stuff going on at any given time...

What do I want to do?

Sit inside and hide my acne.

This is fucked guys, never did I EVER think it would be like this again.

I'm lost for words. I just want to cry.

ok did it come back as severe? And second off, dont go into panic mode thats what makes it worse.Just spot treat each one with very tiny amounts of treatment creams, remember when it comes to acne, more isn't always better, because too much causes irritation.

ok did it come back as severe? And second off, dont go into panic mode thats what makes it worse.Just spot treat each one with very tiny amounts of treatment creams, remember when it comes to acne, more isn't always better, because too much causes irritation.

Ok, so u are still going through puberty. Some go through much later on. By the time you are a little older, you will have very few if any pimples. The best news is that people are selfish. WHAT i mean is that noone even cares what YOU look like. They don't. Don't bother putting on makeup or whatever, noone cares but you. Life is not about how you look, becuase when you reach sixty to seventy they all start to look the same. When you get there, you will need a positive attitude and happiness. THat is my goal, I am building that up now, U should do the same. :-) :-) :-)

Ok, so u are still going through puberty. Some go through much later on. By the time you are a little older, you will have very few if any pimples. The best news is that people are selfish. WHAT i mean is that noone even cares what YOU look like. They don't. Don't bother putting on makeup or whatever, noone cares but you. Life is not about how you look, becuase when you reach sixty to seventy they all start to look the same. When you get there, you will need a positive attitude and happiness. THat is my goal, I am building that up now, U should do the same. :-) :-) :-)

I've battled with this shit since I was 13.

It's been gone for 2 years.

Now it's back again. I am 22 years old.

I honestly thought that I had outgrown this mess... and it has comeback.

I had clear skin for two years, now new pimples are reappearing.

All I honestly want to do is break down and cry.

I feel like I can't confidently go to social events anymore, this is driving me nuts.

Anyone else have to deal with the comeback acne?

I really don't know what to do anymore this shit is insane. People really don't understand what it's like to deal with this crap. They say "Oh it's just a few pimples" they have no fucking idea.

Despite of being 19 and having tried accutane to clear my face i know what a comeback makes you feel like.I remember the times i went out with people without spending an hour dealing with my face. My acne is not as bad as it was but i'm scared to death that it'll be just like that again. But hey i realize that going out, attending classes, being with friends really helps. Even if it doesn't help your face, you feel better. In the end sitting in your room and hiding your acnes does not mean you don't have them. By that way you're not curing your acne. You're postponing living to a time where you'll have a clear face again. I know it's hard but when life knocks you down you have to fight like hell to make sure that you're still alive. Cause you are. And that pain you feel is life.

You can and will be better mate, but only if you want to be.