Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello I was wondering if anyone here had bipolar disorder and been on accutane? for some time Ive felt I might have it but for the past 6 months Ive been on accutane and didnt want to be taken off which I presume would happen if I went to see my doctor.

Hello I was wondering if anyone here had bipolar disorder and been on accutane? for some time Ive felt I might have it but for the past 6 months Ive been on accutane and didnt want to be taken off which I presume would happen if I went to see my doctor.

I have it and i went on the tane. Any questions?

in the words of hendrix, manic depression is a frustrating mess. and tane wasn't even around then

joe, I wont say I had bi-polar disorder only because I never went to a doctor for it to get diagnosed. But I had severe depression before I started accutane. And now that I think of it I must of had bad depression. See ever since I turned 14 it became hard for me to cry, I would cry maybe 4 times a year. Now Its really hard for me to cry, And im not saying this in happyness, I've had some very bad and depressing days in the past yr, but I just dont cry, I haven't cried snce 2006.However there was a period where I went from having a hard time crying to crying alot. At one point I would just have crying spells and cry for no reason about 6-7 months before I ever started tane, and during the whole tane course. I cried more during that 6-12 month period of months before tane and during tane, more than I did in the total 3 years before that. I was severly depressed, I had major jealousy, I was jealous of everyone and anyone. Ok some people had it all, but there were people who were in similar situations to me and i was jealous. Anyway I took tane during this time, my depression got alil worse, not sure if it was directly the tane itself or the side effects/ situation that made me even more depressed.

Well I took tane, side effects were bad for me, and results didn'tcome til the very end, so i had to be very patient. And My depression was very bad but I kept quiet during the whole time and told no one.

Well its now almost 2 yrs since i finished tane. I've been 100% clear since then, all red marks faded, no1 today knows of my past with acne (no1 today meaning all the post tane people i met). My depression let up alot. I haven't cried in 2 yrs, and i sometimes can feel alil emotional but im fine today after putting myself through it all. Acutane didn't drive me over the edge. At 1 point last yr i even met a girl that i dated for a while (ok the girl was bad and it ended badly, this girl was a horrible person in the end) but the signifiance of this is when i was dating her i felt like i haven't felt in yrs and was completely loose and care free.

My advice is hang in there. I did it, it was very rough, but today im not saying im so great today, i still have insecurities and things that get me down, but im doing much better than i was then.

I guess what Im scared of is going to see a doctor about it and having them just think its because of the accutane and then theyd take me off it

I guess what Im scared of is going to see a doctor about it and having them just think its because of the accutane and then theyd take me off it

hang in there. I domt think accutane made me directly depressed, i just think it was the situation itself that was depressing. Dont see a doctor because chances r they might blame accutane and fuck things up. just hang in there.

Yes, I had it. Still have it. It didn't affect me too much while on Accutane. But it's a good idea to make sure your doctor monitors it.