Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidREE

Do I need moisturizer if BP doesn't dry my face?

I'm faily new to the regimen. (I'd previously used BP in quantity, but only to treat breakouts rather than as prevention.)

My skin is completely adjusted to BP. I can use more than a fingerful of 2.5% BP on my face, and it won't flake or dry too much.

I *don't* like the way my face feels with BP+Eucerin combined.

Is there any drawback to simply not using the moisturizer, if my face is fine with the BP?

If you don't moisturize, your body will moisturize by producing more oils.

I've also seen another person on the board who stated that after 4 months on Dan's regimen he started to break out so he moved up to 5% to keep the regimen working although the theory is it's not anymore effective but hey, everyone is different.

I only use one finger of moisturizer and PAT it all over my face with my fingers. Also, I've noticed(day15) that the moisturize is absorbing much more quickly than it used to. Doesn't feel like a mask on my face anymore.

basically I'm just going to agree.... I think you should definately still use a moisturizer even if BP doesn't dry your face.

BP doesn't dry out your face now, but if you stay on this regimen for, let's say, 6 months our a year, then you'll see effects. So start using light moisturizer 1x a day, it's the safe choice for the long run.

I appreciate the input.

I took the advice of someone on another tread and I'm waiting 20-30 min after the BP before applying the moisturizer. I'm also using less, and patting it on instead of rubbing. Much better!

I appreciate the input.

I took the advice of someone on another tread and I'm waiting 20-30 min after the BP before applying the moisturizer. I'm also using less, and patting it on instead of rubbing. Much better!

I would recommend that no matter what you moisturize. Every day, without fail.

Go ahead and do this until you are completely clear from the regimen. Then take out the moisturizer and see how it goes. If you stay clear, I guess you're ok not to use it.

I do wonder if you're using a lot of bp however. If you're using enough, you will probably need a moisturizer.

-Dan

I'm going thru a Neutrogena tube in under a week.

I'd previously used 10% bp in quantity (but as treatment rather than prevention), so that's probably why my skin is used to it.

Thanks everyone!

D

for some reason, my face was getting pretty dry and every time id moisturize id break out even worse, so i usually dont moisturize =/

Do you need to be mosturising your whole face?

I saw this piece recommending not to moisturise the forehead and nose... i'm using Bp like most so should I leave these areas or put the stuff on there?

Maybe i'm contributing to the problem with moisturiser, whats the consensus on this?