Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taygirl015

BC Sprintec

Hi and thanks for reading this. I started on Sprintec (the generic form of Ortho Cyclen) almost 2 weeks ago. I am now starting to see some minor breakouts. I am wanting it to clear my skin. I know BC pills work different for everyone. But, if anyone has any words of wisdom or their own stories on this pill, or any general advice, it would do me a world of good. I am frustrated and depressed about this skin of mine!!

Thanks..

Jen

I took orthotricyclen for a few years, starting right when I started my first course of accutane, and then was switched to trisprintec by my insurance about four years ago and I took it for 3 years. I don't really know if I had an initial breakout way back when I first started because I was also on accutane, but I will say that my face was never as clear as it was when I was on the ortho/sprintec. I saw no difference between the two in terms of effectiveness. I had to get off because, to be honest, unfortunately the side effect of vaginal dryness was so annoying, but I'd say for me it was fabulous for acne. I think especially with treatments involving hormones your body has to adjust so I'd give it a good 3 months at least.

Hope this helps!

Hi and thanks for reading this. I started on Sprintec (the generic form of Ortho Cyclen) almost 2 weeks ago. I am now starting to see some minor breakouts. I am wanting it to clear my skin. I know BC pills work different for everyone. But, if anyone has any words of wisdom or their own stories on this pill, or any general advice, it would do me a world of good. I am frustrated and depressed about this skin of mine!!

Thanks..

Jen

don't know if you're still struggling, but wanted to let you know sprintec has also worked wonderfully for me. I went back on bc after being off for a year and went from OTC lo to OTC to OCyclen to the generic (Sprintec). It was weird b/c I was on each for at least three months and didn't really start to see any improvement until I got on the generic (Sprintec). It's been about 5 months on it and its working great, so just hang in there.

Yeah I was on that and my face was disgusting. Huge Cysts and extremely oily.

I swear to god I could have saved the world of the Oil shortages.

I talked to my derm and she said that most people taking that pill have the same

effect but everyones bodys are different I guess (:

Katarina, i was on sprintec and the same thing happened to me. so gross. with the yaz do you have the same effect? or is it a lot clearer? i'm just trying to find things that work

thanks!

Guest missyjean130

I was on the name brand and Tri-sprintec....I didn't see much of a difference both ways. I still broke out bad around my period,the same as off the pill.

Everybody has a different hormonal makeup,so you kind of have to take a chances and can't rely too heavily on others' reviews. Some people also have an initial break out...because their bodies need to adjust to the different hormone levels. It's scary though! Stay strong and good luck =)

I'm on the third week of the first month of tri-lo sprintec and my face has never been this bad...I'm wondering if many people have acne flare ups in the first month (possibly due to body adjusting to influx of hormones?) before things start looking better for their skin....can someone answer this question for me?

I feel so horrible in my skin...I can't bear to look at the mirror....I don't even want to go out anymore...it's that bad..:(

I've never taken the generic but I am currently on OTC........worked wonders, until 5 months ago. I've almost been on it for 3 years and about 5 months ago all hell broke loose........started breaking out on my chin and jawline......cheeks and forehead remain pretty clear. It's very depressing to have had something that worked so well for me turn out SO bad. I did get married 5 months ago and have gone through some change and stress since so I dunno if it's from that or what........but I hear everyone on the depressed feeling and not wanting to get out of the house. I gotta push myself to get motivated to start my mornings, horrible feeling. I was thinking of switching to Yasmin but have heard horror stories about bad initial break outs and then worse acne after getting off it...........I dunno, I give up.