Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

I finally found a medical website that explains very clearly how fluctuating blood sugar levels causes:

Increasing sebum production

Causing skin cells regenerate faster

Causing dead skin cells to stick together

"Eating high GL foods spikes your BL levels. The pancreas responds by releasing large quantities of insulin to bring down the blood sugar levels. It has to do this because high BL are dangerous.

Large quantities of insulin cause BL to plummet. Too low blood sugar levels trigger another emergency response. The adrenalin glands release androgens. Androgens are hormones that signal the liver to release some of its glycogen storages to raise the BL. Too low BL levels can lead to unconsciousness.

Incidentally low BL levels also trigger serious sugar cravings. With these cravings hammering the back of your head it's likely that you'll grab something sweet (=high GL) and repeat the process.

Insulin, IGF-1 and androgens all increase sebum production. IGF-1 is actually a growth hormone and it increases the rate at which skin cells regenerate. IGFBP-3 facilitates separation of skin cells when they die. So now you have a steady supply of three hormones that all increase sebum production. More of one hormone that makes skin cells grow regenerate and die faster. And less of one hormone that actually causes the skin cells to separate when they die."

It has diagrams and pictures and is easy to follow. Check it out. And the free acne book that you get is VERY nicely written, complete with photos.

Click Here: http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/blood-sugar-acne.html

post-57896-1206661580_thumb.jpg

post-57896-1206661580_thumb.jpg

Nice find, but I have two questsions:

1) What does BL stand for again?

2) It suddenly mentions IGF-1 at the end. How did that enter the equation?

I'm cutting and pasting exerpts from the webpage. You should click on the link... its a VERY good website. It walks you through the acne process step by step... and gives definitions.

You dont have to sign up for the minicourse for how to cure acne. I'll cut and paste it here each week as I receive it.

The First Mini Lesson:

Welcome to Acne 101: What Einstein would have done to get

clear minicourse.

You are in for a real treat now. I spent weeks preparing

this minicourse for you and you'll learn more from this than

you would from most acne books sold in the Internet.

We have lot of ground to cover and I don't want to bog you

down too much. That's why I'm sending you a new lesson once a

week.

Each lesson is a PDF-file you can download from my website.

All together there are 7 lessons plus few mystery bonuses.

--------------------------------------

Well, wait, the file is 10ish pages of PDF... complete with pictures and a recipes... and everything. It says I may freely give away this report... so... can i put a PDF file on here? :P

You might be inclined to sign up.

okay I read the PDF and so far it makes sense.. but I feel is trying to convince us to buy ebooks.... I don't know... are those ebooks they recommend.. any good?

This is absolutely amazing.

I know it is trying to sell a product but there is a lot of good information and makes sense to me.

nice find and i think that sums it up but still, why do we get acne because of that and others don't? there must be something else and i wanna know that.

thanks dotty1

This should be an interesting read. I've always been adamant that diet has nothing to do with my acne because no matter how healthily/unhealthily I eat, my acne has always persisted. I'll give it a bash...

This is great info, and if you want even more about it-Dr Cordain explains the very same thing in his "The Dietary Cure for Acne". He also talks about omega 3's, dairy, grains, and more.

whats BL :/ he means BG I guess..

That website gives some good advise to get rid of acne, but the causes of acne are overly simplistic and the maker hasnt done enough research imo.

He thinks he's got something special with his causes and triggers, but it doenst make sense. Toxins, an overloaded liver and bacterial overgrowth are causes, but without the triggers sugar, stress and milk you wouldnt have acne? :/

He says when bloodglucose levels are low, androgen is produced to raise bg, but thats not the case, cortisol does that.

Also his toxic talk is a load of crap. He says toxins are stored in the liver and brain which is bs and I also dont believe that toxins are expelled through our skin.

Check this: http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/image...-cause-acne.gif :wall:

whats BL :/ he means BG I guess..

That website gives some good advise to get rid of acne, but the causes of acne are overly simplistic and the maker hasnt done enough research imo.

That's my website you are talking about.

Let me answer few of the comments here.

Yes, I agree that the acne cause page is a bit simplistic. And I don't agree with it 100% anymore. I wrote it more than a year ago and I learned so much in the past year that changes things. Acne 101 minicourse gives a much better explanation.

If someone wants to feel free to post a copy of it here. I don't want to do it because I get accused of spamming and selling you stuff.

BL means blood sugar levels. Somehow thought BL is better than BS. Even that blood sugar thing is just part of the equation. Chronic, low-intensity inflammation is another part.

And just to keep in mind all these 'what causes acne' things are just theories. Nobody knows what's actually going on inside their bodies.

But as I explain in Acne 101 it doesn't really matter which theory we follow. Because it's very difficult to get clear by trying to eliminate the causes. Please read the first two lesson in Acne 101 and you know why. If someone could just post them here.

And before someone starts whining and complaining let's just get this over with.

Yes, in Acne 101 I'm trying to convince you to buy my ebook. Let's not pussyfoot around this. I admit that I do this, at least partially, to make money. This is how I make my living. By sharing information that can really help people with acne. By offering something that's really valuable.

Read Acne 101 and you'll understand. It helps you even if you are determined that I'm an evil devil who's only intention is to scam you out of your last nickels. Because, if you believe me, it changes the way you think about acne.

I saw your website a while ago, and I had one question. I've never seen mentioned anywhere that a blood sugar crash causes androgens to be produced. I know that GH + Insulin = +IGF-1 and IGF-1 hyperpotentiates circulating androgens, but I've never seen this low blood sugar = +androgens thing before. Can you show me a study that has demonstrated this? I'm not saying you're wrong, it could make sense, I have just never seen that described anywhere else before.

Interesting!!!!! I wanna know more.

BUT have you noticed it says that the liver flushing and cologne cleanser slowers the process of getting rid of acne.. Confused!!!!!!

I saw your website a while ago, and I had one question. I've never seen mentioned anywhere that a blood sugar crash causes androgens to be produced. I know that GH + Insulin = +IGF-1 and IGF-1 hyperpotentiates circulating androgens, but I've never seen this low blood sugar = +androgens thing before. Can you show me a study that has demonstrated this? I'm not saying you're wrong, it could make sense, I have just never seen that described anywhere else before.

I believe it's very foolish to try to pinpoint the exact causes to your acne. Most likely you never discover them all. ...

In reality the only thing we can do is to provide the body with ideal conditions to heal itself. There's nothing we can do to 'balance' hormone or blood sugar levels. Or to cleanse our livers.

I believe it's very foolish to try to pinpoint the exact causes to your acne. Most likely you never discover them all. ...

In reality the only thing we can do is to provide the body with ideal conditions to heal itself. There's nothing we can do to 'balance' hormone or blood sugar levels. Or to cleanse our livers.

This is a good point. Although I don't agree that there's nothing we can do, because there is. But the issue is if that's what we should do. The best thing in the long run is to provide the best conditions we can.

Its a good website for newbies on this site who do not have ANY idea what causes acne or where to start looking.

LOL, when I read the website, I KNEW the author had been on this health forum at some point in time. Now, here the author is in person. ;)

Even if the webpage isnt 100% up to date with our latest research on this forum, I found the website motivational. It made me start researching ways to naturally balance bloodsugar levels.

nice find and i think that sums it up but still, why do we get acne because of that and others don't? there must be something else and i wanna know that.

thanks dotty1

thanks for answering my question, i'll now look more into that website and the information it provides.

thanks dotty1

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/what-...adult-acne.html

Cause + Trigger = Acne

The reason you get acne and others don't is that they are doing better in the "cause" area. I think in "cause" he is missing "bad genes."

I don't remember exactly where I read it. I know I've seen it confirmed in many places. If I remember correctly I think even Dr. Cordain's study mentions it. Low blood sugar levels trigger an emergency response from the body. Androgens signal the liver to release glucose into the bloodstream to bring up the blood glucose levels.

From the research I've done, it's not androgens that trigger IGF-1. Rapidly dropping blood sugar causes an increase in Growth Hormone (GH) because GH is able to trigger your liver to convert glycogen into glucose as an emergency response to prevent hypoglycemia. But when GH increases, so does IGF-1. IGF-1 makes circulating androgens much more potent than they would be in the absence of IGF-1, sometimes up to 10 times as much. In addition to that, IGF-1 sticks around a lot longer than GH, so if you had several rapid drops in blood sugar throughout the day, the amount of IGF-1 in your system could start piling up faster than it goes away.