Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug1991

Provon and Aloe Guard, still popular?

I was wondering who had tried these and if they work well in the long run, it seems the thread has died down, whether this is from its ineffectiveness or people not returning to the site because it works so well, I don't know.

I'm also worried about resistance.

When I first came to this site I was the type that jumped on every product bandwagon and Aloe Guard was one of the things I tried. I tried it for a few weeks and I stopped because I developed a strange cough and odd feeling in my lungs. I remember the Aloe Guard had an odd smell. Also, it was way too drying.

:confused:

Aloeguard and Provon is perfectly safe my friend, hospitals have (are) using it all over the world today, even in retiremnt homes where ppl are more susceptible (old ppl). Maybe you are just allergic i dunno =( ..did it atlease work for you Panda1? LOL

I have personally yet used this, I just barely finished reading the thread on it (yes the whole thing). But we'll see... LOL

I work in an animal hospital and we use a 4% chlorohexidine scrub on wounds, rashes, skin problems, etc. It is bactericidal and bacteriostatic. It has the consistency of a shampoo. I took some home and decided to give it a try. So far I really like it. It's not drying at all.

It can be harmful to the eyes so be careful with it.