Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As I have recently found out, a good diet is nothing if you are stressed.

While exercise and meditation can reduce stress, does stress deplete specific vitmains?

I.e., are there any supplements to give us a bit of help if we are stressed so that acne is not inevitable.

vit C man. vit C. high amounts of stress are hard on the adrenal glands and it uses up a lot of vitamin C

There are stress formula supplements out there that give you both B vitamins and Vitamin C. You can also find one that has zinc as well.

Thanks people.

You know, I have had the worst case of anxiety recently. Just feeling so tense all the time.

With the resulting bad skin. I then realised it was because I had stopped fish oil. Took a megadose yesteray and feel much better now!

Constantine,

So happy to hear you're feeling better. :) I can't believe I didn't mention fish oil! Omega 3's are so important for brain health.

Constantine,

So happy to hear you're feeling better. :) I can't believe I didn't mention fish oil! Omega 3's are so important for brain health.

Thank you! I took them for about a year and then stopped because I didn't think they were doing anything.

But stopping seemed to tie in with anxiety, anxiety can really be caused by a chemical imbalance! It was actually quite scary, I couldn't seem to control it by breathing or anything.

Thanks for the concern, I feel better now :surprised:

Vitamin B12 will help but don't worry if it turns your urine a darker shade...its just b/c of using the vitamin.

Rigorous exercise is a God-send for me. When I find that I'm tightly wound and stressed from work, I'll workout harder.

I think of someone who's causing me the anxiety for various reasons on a particular day and use that as my strength as I lift weights and breathe all that negative energy out.

Plus your body releases endorphins through exercise that gives me a euphora afterwards.

You could also try some chamomile tea (sp?) at night and maybe some magnesium and zinc before bed.