Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreww

cetaphil + another product?

ok ive been using cetaphil gentle cleanser WITHOUT water for about a week now with great results...but i feel i need to deeep clean my face and unclug my pores...so can anyone reccomend a product that goes well with cetaphil? maybe an exfoliater..?

anti bac skin wash by dermalogica will help. It contains triclosan which kills bacteria, plus salicylic acid which is a chemical exfoliant. This product is a little expensive, but worth the money.

I had great results using cetaphil as a cleanser and then as a treatment a

good BHA . I was at the doctor 2 days ago and she did not know ( or

even suspected) that I was there because I have acne…lol.

biggrin.gif/

Did you feel that when you use cetaphil without water there is still left on your face. I tried this for a few days then went onto use it in the shower which for me makes me feel alot cleaner even if it does dry me out a little bit.

I use it like this :

First wet my face , apply cetaphil and massage for a few seconds then rinse really, really well, probably 1 minute to make sure that it’s all gone and pat dry.

people on healthboards were talking about using cetaphil without water because tap water has nasty stuff in it that is bad for your face. i guess that is what he is doing.

if you want something to unclog your pores, BHA is what you want. Paula's choice 1 percent lotion and 2 percent solution are both supposed to be good. the lotion is for people with normal or dry skin, the solution is a liquid for people with oily skin. you can order at cosmeticscop.com

i don't know how well it work in conjuction with what you are currently doing.

Just a question on using the Cetaphil in general.

Are you meant to work it up into a lathery cream before applying or do u just apply it as it is when comming out the bottle?

Thanks

i must say that cetaphil w/o water rocks! recently I'd been taking fish oil capsules and using salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide products for my cystic acne, but the fish oil capsules gave me huge painful cysts and the combination of hte 2 skin medications break me out even more. Then I decided to quit using all of them and just use cetaphil without water. After about 5 days of this my skin has calmed down 100%, still gettin some acne but seem to be gettin less n less each day. I think the trick is to not let any tap water touch ur face at all, even in the shower, because of the bacteria it carries. Everyone should try this! My face is also less oily and looks better in general. Giv it a try!