Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buttercupxx

I'm new - need some advice.

Hi, this is my first post, but I have wandered around this site for a few weeks. I'm 16 years old with mild acne. I used to ocassionally get pimples, I would say about 4 or so every few months. However, I always had to deal with horrible flushing of my whole face and neck. Whenever I would speak in class or do some kind of activity that was strenous, I can feel my face becoming beat red, and in the matter of minutes, my face becomes so hot and sensitive if I touch it.

Also, even when I do not flush, I have a pinkish red butterfly type rash around my nose and cheeks constantly. I wash my face using a sensitive formula, but the rash is still there. This year, my skin has become super oily and in areas on my cheeks and nose (where the butterfly rash is) I am getting smaller pimples. Is this rosacea?

Thanks so much!

The onset of rosacea ususally occurs at a later age. When you treat the blemishes with acne products do they get better?

Do you use a moisturiser?

When you say "butterfly rash" do you mean an area of redness or raised lesions?

The onset of rosacea ususally occurs at a later age. When you treat the blemishes with acne products do they get better?

Do you use a moistruriser?

When you say "butterfly rash" do you mean an area of redness or raised lesions?

It actually takes a while for them to get better, and I do use a moisturizer with SPF when I go out. The butterfly rash is an area of redness but it never seems to go away.