Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Iriska*

TCA Cross??? Help needed. Pics are attached

Hi,

After having two derm. appointments, I’ve got very confused. I have a combination of rolling scars and ice picks scars … there are some pics attached.

Dr. X. recommended me to do TCA CROSS peel (80 %) and I’ve already scheduled an appointment with him. He told me that it would be a good option to do TCA Cross peel and I need around 4 peels. Plus, it would be a problem with my scars if I go ahead with lower percentage of TCA (for all face), because existing scars are going to be bigger. He has a book with pictures of his patients before and after TCA peel, the results look great, so I decided go ahead with TCA Cross peel. Plus, I've read lot's of positive feeback about TCA Cross.

After reading scar related topics in this forum, I decided to schedule another derm. appt with another dr. (I’ve read a good review about her). So, after visiting doctor Y. I’ve got very confused. She told me that I do not have to do TCA Cross (I did not tell her that I scheduled a TCA Cross appt), because scars could be worse after this procedure and the reason because my pores are close to each other and ice picks scars are not too deep enough for TCA Cross. She recommended me laser co2 or smooth beam or maybe TCA 15% over all face.

Now, I do not know what to do :shock: . Any suggestions are welcome!

post-66763-1206643102.jpg

post-66763-1206643126_thumb.jpg

post-66763-1206643102.jpg

post-66763-1206643126_thumb.jpg

The doctor called it a TCA CROSS peel? Usually theres TCA peels and TCA CROSS.... CROSS having high percentage TCA applied directly to scars and peels having lighter percentages covering the entire surface. Did he want to do a 80% peel on a whole surface, because that's pretty risky.

And it must suck to hear such conflicting things from two respected doctors. But smoothbeam isn't all that great, and with laser co2 you are going to be ablating all your healthy skin. It almost sounds like she just wants to gank expensive laser treatments out of you. And I don't see how pores being close together are relevant? Look at this picture after 6 courses of 100% TCA

post-67632-1206644218_thumb.jpg

post-67632-1206644218_thumb.jpg

that's odd. i don't think you need to resurface your whole face with laser. i would try out the TCA cross first since it is less invasive.

Hi,

After having two derm. appointments, I’ve got very confused. I have a combination of rolling scars and ice picks scars … there are some pics attached.

Dr. X. recommended me to do TCA CROSS peel (80 %) and I’ve already scheduled an appointment with him. He told me that it would be a good option to do TCA Cross peel and I need around 4 peels. Plus, it would be a problem with my scars if I go ahead with lower percentage of TCA (for all face), because existing scars are going to be bigger. He has a book with pictures of his patients before and after TCA peel, the results look great, so I decided go ahead with TCA Cross peel. Plus, I've read lot's of positive feeback about TCA Cross.

After reading scar related topics in this forum, I decided to schedule another derm. appt with another dr. (I’ve read a good review about her). So, after visiting doctor Y. I’ve got very confused. She told me that I do not have to do TCA Cross (I did not tell her that I scheduled a TCA Cross appt), because scars could be worse after this procedure and the reason because my pores are close to each other and ice picks scars are not too deep enough for TCA Cross. She recommended me laser co2 or smooth beam or maybe TCA 15% over all face.

Now, I do not know what to do :shock: . Any suggestions are welcome!

I totally agree with KuroDeso and Scarredpores about not doing the laser. The potential risk with those two lasers isn't worth it by looking at your skin, which still looks healthy and nicely toned to me. I've never read that ice picks had to be more than a certain depth to do a TCA Cross....hmmm.

i think those pictures are photoshopped like reilly's or that person is wearing heavy makeup the skin on the first picture is a lot darker

i think those pictures are photoshopped like reilly's or that person is wearing heavy makeup the skin on the first picture is a lot darker

Those pictures came from a study that in no way could benefit any sort of company or corporation. And Reilly's pictures weren't photochopped