Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It seems every time I watch Oprah she has people on with this new kind of 'disorder' or 'disease' that no one has heard about but she says that she's letting them speak out because she wants people out there who have similar feelings to not feel alone. Well, I love Oprah and think that's amazing that's that is what she does. But...WHY hasn't she done an episode about acne yet? Not just her, but it seems like the whole world doesn't really understand the psychological effects acne can really have on someone's self esteem.

I would write into her except I fear she'd ask me to come on her show and...well I haven't gotten rid of my acne yet lol

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this website kinda did what Oprah I guess has done for a lot of ppl. It made me feel not alone!!

I'd still really like to see someone on her show, or just someone on tv talk about how this is almost a 'disease' in a way, it doesn't have a cure and it can affect someone's life in very many ways. So for people who don't have acne to be a little more aware of its effects.

I'd still really like to see someone on her show, or just someone on tv talk about how this is almost a 'disease' in a way, it doesn't have a cure and it can affect someone's life in very many ways. So for people who don't have acne to be a little more aware of its effects.

It's not "almost" a disease. It IS a disease.

And I know how you feel. I kind of wish that someone would go out there and talk about this to a wide audience. I really would like for people to know that we don't have this problem because we're dirty or because we don't use Oxy Pads.

Did you know that there is going to be a documentary on MTV about acne? I don't love MTV, and I don't think it'll do too much to expose the issue to a more "adult" audience, but it seems like a step in the right direction.

Actually, they were doing some recruiting on Acne.org for people to be in the doc. Here is a link if you're interested in reading the thread. I don't think that there is an air date set yet, but I'm sure it will be posted here once that is determined.

It seems like it is just treated as a part of 'growing up'. When you are older and clear of it you just forget about it due to living your life and all.